Interesting links…

My feeling is Pomlett wants promotion this season. We’re assembling a really good squad of players who will get along on and off the pitch. Our brand of football will be different from the dross we’ve witnessed in recent times, it will be attack oriented with a solid back line. Matt wants the midfield to run the show and everything will be directed through them (when was the last time Walsall fans those tactics?).
Once the squad is complete, I’m looking forward to Matt’s brand of football, it will be exciting and entertaining to watch.

4 Likes

I have a feeling the front 4 if we play 4-2-3-1 will have license to enjoy their football and create with freedom even more so now I know what our back 4 will be so I’m hoping Matt will say go and float around attack create because the lads behind you have you covered.

1 Like

Scooby, I hope that’s the formation he plays. As you rightly said, it allows us to be more creative and not having to scramble back to cover our defenders. Trying to cover inept defenders killed us last season, it invited quick counter attacks by our opponents which made it easy for them with our players bing out of position.
With the bolstering of our midfield and the transformation of the back line, that nonsense will stop and we will be a difficult team to score against.
Personally, I do like to see two up front, especially at home, so I’m looking forward to bring in another striker soon.

1 Like

Sterling for England is one I’m always amazed is “only” 26. Debuted for Liverpool in March 2012 I think so been known about for nearly a decade.

1 Like