Is it D day for Darrell against Darlington?

I did wonder about 1990, because it was a really poor season where we rallied a bit to finish 16th (?)
This season is giving me really vivid flashbacks to that time.

Yes we finished 16th but I don’t recall us ever been 90th but I suppose we may have hit that point sometime in the season.

After 17 games in 90-91, we had amassed 23 points and were on a 6 game unbeaten run.
Glory Days!

After 6 games in 1990 we were 2nd bottom.

A lot of people seem to be saying what’s the point in DC going because the new manager will only end up with the same players to work with so the irony of it all is that his crap signings are actually saving him from the sack now if I’d have said to somebody here’s 4 grand go and buy me a nice family car and they came back with a clapped out Peugeot 106 and no change do you really think I’d say here’s another 4 grand try again because that’s what seems to be being said about him having another crack come January’s window.I was initially up for him having another go but if we lose Saturday what’s it going to do to players confidence which is already rock bottom

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed in his interviews that he keeps saying that the fans need to stop thinking about where the club used to be and realise this is where we are now … yet in the next breath he reminds us about his previous promotions :roll_eyes:

Reminds me of my Walsall Council days, we had a guy with learning difficulties that used to labour for us, it was Walsall council policy that we had to employ so many back in the 70’s- 80’s, anyway i was working on Blockhall in Darlaston at the time, and one of the bricklayers asked Charley if he would go across to the shop and get him “10 no 6”( an old cigarette brand) so charley asks “what if they a got none?” Bill said “well get me anything” Charley came back 10 minutes later with a farms pork pie :joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: quality got tears in my eyes here :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:joy: trust me mate at the time the whole cabin we used to have our lunch in was as well :joy:

1 Like

Cracking story Chunk:joy:, I was one of those that wanted someone else in ( Ian Holloway ), but was quite happy to back DC and was optimistic at the beginning, but there was signs in pre-season that we were struggling to score goals even against the non league sides we played, and in ability to get someone in who could open up defence or another winger that as the ability to run at defenders that we cry out for, so our struggles don’t surprise me, but what does is the amount of changes STILL game to game no settled team and I don’t think DC still knows his best starting eleven which is worrying, thought CCM did ok week before and he could played behind Pring this week don’t get it and why do we bring everyone back for a corner or free kick, leave somebody upfront to occupy there defenders or it just comes straight back and no chance of a counter ain’t rocket science

2 Likes

Scary that half the teams in that table are now in non league.

1 Like

I reckon he will get to at least the Stevenage game - lose that - then I have to say it has to be curtains.

I really want to back him, and I am desperate for him to succeed, but I do not see anything of note worth backing at the moment.

1 Like

Twas D day for Heckingbottom again.

Oh what I’d give to be LANGUISHING in 10th place in the league :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t think he is any danger until after Christmas.

But there only 12 teams in that league so they are actually 2 from the bottom like us! :wink:

2 Likes

True I did think that after I put it on :rofl: similar level too Scottish football is not one of my favourite things to watch

Noticed that 12 of those clubs are no longer in the league

And 3 others went out but managed to get back in again.

Then again, 3 more have since managed to make it all the way to the Premier League. Which way will we go out of good old Division 4?