Is it time for a managerial change at Walsall

No at the moment but this can’t carry on forever and he needs to turn the tide, preferably by winning a good few of the games we have left.

2 Likes

Get Holloway in, I heard him say something marginally humorous on a podcast once

6 Likes

Said it before will say it again
There is something fundamentally wrong with a club that has had to change the manager so many times to still get the same results
Club needs the equivalent of a colonic irrigation to get rid of the sh**e

1 Like

No
He needs this summer to recruit better quality of players. If by December we are still poor then yes maybe

1 Like

I can’t wait for him to go purely on his style of football

4 Likes

On balance I would keep him at the moment. I find the football boring, negative and lacking in skill however if he were to go who would we get who would be better. Sign 4 decent midfield/ forward players and a RWB and we might be in a good position next season. Permanent quality signings please…lets go for quality over quantity.

3 Likes

But only if a) he were to pick them b) play them in their best position and c) deploy them in a formation that works. At the moment he is wrecking players’ careers.

I like the bloke but I would get rid today.

1 Like

Brilliant idea !! he can manage the team, run the Saddlers Club and book the entertainment as well.
Untitled-620

4 Likes

No. Swapping and Changing is no good, we need some continuity and I personally think Flynn deserves more time.

You would be on if your own as I think Hutchinson is with you if you listen to his post match interview.

It was interesting how he stated the football we are playing isn’t enjoyable for the players or the fans. Question is why are we playing that way? If it isn’t enjoyable why do we persist on playing that way? Is it Flynn and his desire to play this way or are the players not following instructions?

Thought it was an interesting comment.

4 Likes

The problem is Omelette will be making the choice of replacement, so we could end up with anybody. Plus, whoever the new manager is will take over a Club that has no footballing infrastructure worth talking about.
I hate the “football” that Flynn plays and in one way I would love to see him sacked, but I’m confident Omelette could find us someone much worse, so is it worth the risk? What a mess.

3 Likes

Smith to return!

1 Like

I’d be happy with that. :grin:

2 Likes

No with a capital N

1 Like

Pretty much how I feel about it.

The wrong appointment and our league status could potentially be in danger (again)

Everything is telling me to stick with Flynn and give him more time. However, even allowing for any mitigating cirumstances, what we have seen in the second half of the season is nowhere near acceptable.

3 Likes

No. Who would we replace him with?

1 Like

Even if it’s mid-sentence?

1 Like

Totally not - he needs time - be patient.

No. 7 managers in 10 years. Let him build a squad over more than 2 windows.

Id say judge him after 4.

3 Likes