Is Keates Good Enough?

If we do go down it will be the points tossed needlessly away against Sunderland and luton at home, and Peterborough away. Six points we should have on the board. Personally I still think we’ll stay up, but that will involve us more than likely beating Oxford and Southend at home, and finding two wins from somewhere else in our run in. We have quality as well as limitations, and in my opinion we shouldn’t be in the position we are will this squad.

6 Likes

We’ve gone backwards since Keates arrival, and should be shown the door, I’m worried that MOC may be being lined up as the next manager because he’s a cheap option possibly with Chambers as a number 2 ? Which I think would be equally short sighted and disastrous. Going back to Keates being good enough, don’t lay the blame with him but the dinosaurs that appointed him.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if he is good enough, or not. Not this month, but next will decide, where team will be playing next season. In which league I mean. I know league one becomes more difficult ground every season, but rest assured, rent will be paid. Footy team? Well, I don’t think it’s important. For fans yes, but for the owner? Hard to say. So for now, I’m enjoying league one games, because it can be last chance for few or more years and soon league one becomes new championship. I hope there will be something new, not just usual ‘we want to return’.

2 Likes

Extremely slow. Like the movement of glaciers.

Stuff happens in the game. There are infinite possibilities so you can’t plan them all. Keates is so so slow in reacting to unfolding events. The side that was left on the park as we defended the surprise 2-0 lead in the home game against yesterday’s opponents was another prime example.

1 Like

I don’t think he is good enough, it’s no coincidence that things have picked up since the appointment of moc, i think we would have already been relegated if we hadn’t.

2 Likes

The way the season has panned out we were always going to be 1 of these 11 or 12 teams fighting to survive. I think we will stop up. And hopefully keates will be less naive and stronger for the experience of this year in charge.I was one of those who thought he should be sacked after Wimbledon. But now he and the team must get our full backing until the end of the season and then reevaluate things. Keep the faith UTS

8 Likes

Given our league position, the simple answer to this question is NO Keates isn’t good enough. Breaks my heart to say it, as I adored Dean as a player & want him to succeed as manager with every sinew of my heart. But here & now he isn’t good enough.

That said if he keeps us up and he can build the squad again over the summer, he may well be, but here & now he isn’t.

But Bonser is the one I want gone.

He isn’t good enough and I wouldn’t want him wasting any further funds over the summer.

League 1 or 2 it’s time to replace.

2 Likes

Hope keates can turn things round for us but like others have said I think a lot is down to the new Martin o Connor influence.

1 Like

Who was brought in by Keates.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes??

Yeah fair point looks like a good appointment even if a lot of fans were not to keen on O’Connor coming in.

1 Like

Yep. There was an awful lot of negativity in that thread and people bemoaning the signing and Keates. Now it looks like he’s had a genuinely positive impact whether it’s enough to keep us up or not.

1 Like

What I like to see from the bench as a supporter is passion and desire. And someone giving instructions ,keeping the players on there toes. O’Connor certainly does all these.

3 Likes

I have had time to think about this - even though we have picked up of late, DK has shown no tactical nous or spotted anything in the game to change it.

We are very much find a system that gets a favourable result and stick with it until we lose a game or two.

1 Like

What’s the alternative? Stick with the losing formula and try nothing new?

Dynamism.
Scouting.
Identifying threats that the upcoming opposition has, and tweak based on that.

That okay hun?

Isn’t that what changing your approach when it fails is?

Which Keates has implemented for the first time in years at the club. Part of his “massive” backroom staff.

Got me there, I’ve never been privy to any of his pre match team talks or tactical meetings.

That meme works better when you are not answering a fair question :+1: No need to be so defensive.

He’s a wind up merchant mate, :joy: