Jack Kiersey signs

How could I forget
Anton Peterlin = Pertinent Loan
I mean that’s almost as fitting as Tony Grealish.

1 Like

He’s being paid peanuts and there is little committment from the Club. Much better than taking a loan who knows he’ll be going back to his parent club come Jan whatever the situation.

Can only think he had other offers hence the contract rather than lengthy trial.

2 Likes

Hope he takes his chance, he can clearly play and its worth the punt to see if he can stand up in the real game.

That barnet has to go though, its putting me right off.

2 Likes

Will prob get slaughtered for this but here goes

The signing of theese unproven kids is in my oppinion. The road to non leauge football
This season is not one we could afford to take a few gambles on

What was required was for our number one fan to. Just once put wfc first. And issue Clarke with the funds to go out and get. Proven experienced players capable of challenging from tjhe off

The signings we are seeing are. Showing the limitations of the budget he’s working with , and. It doesent bode well. Falling through the trap door looks far more likely than regaining our lesuge one status

I predicted before a ball was kicked last season that deano wouldn’t see the season out, and was just bonsers next chosen victim, and I will again make same prediction , Clarke will go the same way ,at the hands of a man. Who will not. Alter his outdated buisness model, only this time round. The consequences are unthinkable

4 Likes

Too early to write us off in my view. There are still around half a dozen players to be signed. Lets see how the squad looks before we go to Poland. If it is not stronger by then I think we should be worried.

3 Likes

In isolation there is nothing wrong with this signing. If he was joining a settled squad I’d say great, bring him in, I love that we give youth team players a chance and it has paid dividends for us throughout history.

But it’s the 1st of July today and we barely have enough for 5 a side. We have a threadbare team. Not squad, team. We couldn’t make up an 11. People say oh well it’s still early. Again, yes it is early if you are talking about being 3 or 4 players short of a complete squad as we were the last few seasons. This is even more dire. We are 3 or 4 players short of a team never mind a whole squad. And look how well those last few seasons went adding people at the very last minute. I’d have liked the squad to look a little bit more settled at this point.

3 Likes

And gel before the season starts.

1 Like

Remind yourself we are in the bottom division of the football league.

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be targeting proven experienced players, Plymouth for example.

And who’s fault is that, certainly not the long suffering fans who deserve so much better

And it’s not reminders of what leauge we are in we are all painfully aware of that. Fact, what we need. Pal is. hope and a few signs of our saviour showing signs of change But unfourtanatly. There is little sign of eithier st present

2 Likes

Tbf you say the loyal fans…there aren’t many of us.

Club get around £900,000 a year from the fans that’s the weekly wage of around 12 players…ironically what we have now.

Rightly or wrongly lower League 2 is exactly what our fan base points towards, that’s before we even comment on the rent.

2 Likes

short term deal = lets have a look a him, most likely be in the development squad.

if it works out we make money, if not - no loss to the club.

1 Like

If anything the early signings and those we’ve attempted to retain indicate we’re looking to bring in a mix of players willing to work hard for the manager or with a point to prove.

Also, signing youngsters with technical ability formed from being in high-ranking academies harks back to the ‘philosophy’, and Clarke seems confident he can get the best out of those players.

Worry remains that we’re opting for potential ahead of experience and we’re not spending the kind of undisclosed fees we did last summer, either.

That said, Adebayo has more League starts and goals than the three strikers we had at this time last season, so maybe things are looking up?

As long as we sign some experienced players to go with these younger, less experienced youngster I’ll be happy.

Dann and Gerrard were released by Everton and signed by us. That didn’t work out to bad now did it. Being in Premier League academies means they will be great technically, just need to see if that can be integrated somehow with seasoned pro’s who are used to the lower leagues.

1 Like

Exactly - Spot on Jeef

We have been punching above our weight in League 1 for far too long

Our fanbase or lack of thereof - contributes to what we are facing. That’s the reality of it.

2 Likes

Surely we can only cast judgement on the team. Once the team is finalised, we are starting from pretty much scratch we are building from the foundations upwards that includes development squad and first team squad.

So every signing isn’t going to be the finished article. We all know DC is working on a shoe string budget which looks like he’s utilizing to the best of his ability by bringing these young hungry players in on a low wage with the promise of giving them a platform to improve and showcase their ability.

I also wont be gutted if we fail to gain promotion on the first attempt or second has long as I see progress and stability which I believe DC will bring given time. I just want a football team to be proud of. not just players nicking a living of the club. Which we had enough of last year.

Bonser is going nowhere nor his he going to change his ways he will carry on squeezing the club for every penny it’s got. I’m not having a pop at the people who are demonstrating against bonser,gamble and mole. But surely there’s got to be a point when we realise that it’s to no affect with the small portion of fans taking part. And only seems to be having negative affect on the playing side of things. Why not plan a protest with plenty of notice and a clear indication of what the protest will involve and where. Because if I remember the last one was abit embarrassing nobody seemed to know what was happening or when.

Just an idea has I want bonser out just as much as the next person. But if it’s to no affect due to numbers participating. Which means one thing the majority of walsall fans aren’t that fussed about what’s going on or are just to embarrassed to get involved

2 Likes

This lad will probably be on at least 12/6d a week, the lad from Fylde on almost a guinea a week, and the lad from Fulham being paid in gruel, Fagin will be contemplating from his lair in Cyprus to have an artful dodger type of gang capable of lifting wallets, gold and fancy jewellery from unsuspecting Board room guests to boost his dwindling Pension pot!

5 Likes

There is no guarantee that they are hungry just because they are young.
They certainly should be, we also certainly hope so, buy history says is very hit and miss.

1 Like

That’s where I hope DC has done his homework. Like the new lad from Everton . DC said he’s been watching his progress for years so I doubt these are players gifted to him by crafty agents. I reckon he’s done all background checks

As i said, hope so.
We have had more than enough of the others thank you very much.