Jamille Matt Signs

It was on the tip of my tongue but didn’t want to say it :smile:.Years of witnessing decline and now all this makes me slightly reserved I think mate.Can’t disagree with you at all though especially with Northampton having a blip.

1 Like

The thing about this signing is, it might work, it might not. He’s got a very good record but he wouldn’t be the first player to go somewhere and it not quite work

HOWEVER, what I LOVE about it, is what ambition it shows. Wow

There have been plenty of over hyped signings in past years, this one can be hyped away. It’s the most exciting signing for ages.

It’s a signing that tells me for the first time in years, we’re not just hoping to get out of this shit hole league, we are actually actively trying too.

21 Likes

Great signing this - welcome to Walsall Jamille. Fingers crossed we get DJ. Either way, exciting times.

Absolutely effin’ awesome :smiley:

UTS!

Wonder what we paid
If we keep dj we will have 3 very expensive strikers for this level and can only play 2

Fair play! Love it when you’re happy, all must be good in the World of Walsall FC :facepunch:

I do feel the same that it’s not guaranteed to work for JM here but this is the type of signing we’d usually see other ambitious league two teams making and be a little envious of.

1 Like

Not sure that Williams will be all that expensive … :grin:

He was out of contract at the end of the season, so I reckon it wasn’t a huge amount, probably 50-75k or so.

There really can be no complaints this season for me. From playing staff, who have given the best of their abilities, to a manager who in my opinion has worked wonders with this squad to an ownership that has, in 6 months, brought the stadium, ploughed funds into the infrastructure and backed the team on the pitch.

It’s everything I’ve wanted and moaned about for the last however many years. UTS

18 Likes

cracking signing and one i want credit for suggesting him before any rumours started did the same with Monthe :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

100% this. I hate this phrase and hate myself for saying it but it’s a statement of intent

6 Likes

It’s very encouraging. Think the first two signings of the window have done plenty to compensate for the loss of Bennett and the potential loss of Johnson. Suggests there’s a plan, a strategy.

4 Likes

I know if I was DJ I’d certainly want to be a part of all this now and would try and push for a move to happen.

2 Likes

all without the need of a DOF, I hope this idea has been binned off.

5 Likes

Lump on if we do

How very bizarre. Are we going to have to get used to this sort of thing?

4 Likes

Fullashit would’ve signed someone who’s played for Halifax and scored 8 career goals.

1 Like

I believe he likes to be referred to as Jamma.

I couldn’t care less as long as he scores us goals

4 Likes

We’ve got Jamma and Johnson we’ve got Jamma and Johnson we’ve got…….

1 Like