January 2021 Transfer Rumours

Bit like summer 2013 when Grigg, Paterson and Brandy all left within weeks.

Underrated how well DS did to replace them. Westcarr was already at club and most on this forum thought he was s*** but he scored about 15 the next season. Lalkovic came in but was hit and miss that season as he tended to be when he came back. Sawyers came in at number 10 so the team developed more with play and control centrally and less reliant on counter attack.

I thought Bradshaw came in that summer but he was a year later.

When you look at it 15/16 could’ve easily happened two seasons earlier if even two of that frontline had been kept as the rest of the side was solid enough so even though there were many frustrating runs under DS it’s not like a manager who was backed when he did produce a top 6 level team, quite the opposite.

2 Likes

Signing incoming :eyes:

Tyreik Wright from Villa

You’d think Deano would give us a leg up now and then though surely? Tyreik Wright?? I think I mentioned him about 18 months ago!

After 21 years on here if he signs…I’m having that as my first EVER (and probably last!).

2 Likes

Any good mate?

I’m a keen follower of Irish football and he’s very highly rated over there.

Left pegger that plays on the right wing. Never played in the LOI, signed from junior footy for Villa.

1 Like

Hope your day job isn’t as a fortune teller! :rofl:

2 Likes

I see Cambridge have signed a stonker from Spurs.
Lets hope our lad will prove as useful, hope this is the first of a few incomings before the window shuts again, we certainly need a box to box midfielder, with Holden out of the running for the rest of the season we need to deliver a playmaker or we are nothing, as the last three games have proved.Our team is devoid of nous, lots of huff and puff with no end result.

1 Like

I hope not… he impressed me back end of last season and this season. Needs more support up top at the moment. Hopefully the signing of Wright will also give us more balance.

This the lad your on about?

or as an English teacher…

1 Like

Yeah that’s the guy! Good signing for a 4th Division outfit!
So come on Tireeek prove to us that you are a better prospect!

A bit difficult from the bench Saturday there’s only so much one can do in the last 10 minutes of a game :crazy_face:

If we are bringing players in they should be better than what we already have , so I will be annoyed if he or any other player we bring in doesn’t start .

1 Like

Adan George didn’t even make the bench for most of the games he was here never mind start a game!

David Davis has been released by the Blues. Ex player and would probably want to stay local. Definitely the kind of midfielder that we could do with! I just wish we had the funds.

5 Likes

Not really sure which thread to put this on but here goes just an idea.
After seeing many young kids from Walsall being plucked like vultures from our bigger neighbours. What about the place you are born in gets first pick if they would like to sign you up and then if the vultures want to grab the player off you a decent compensation package must be agreed .
Would be very little to premier clubs but would be a steady source of income to lower league clubs .

Would love him at the club, but if he’s left by mutual consent (not read into it) he’s gotta have something lined up that’s paying similar money. Got to be league 1 bound.
Be a bold move to come to us on 6month deal to put himself in the shop window!

He would be a cracking signing but he will be going to a club higher up the pyramid than us…there are plenty of them!!!

He was at Charlton on loan last season so will probably end up there given they’ve had a takeover since.

2 Likes