January Transfer Rumours Thread 2022/23

Not a pretty player , not a good footballer but a aggressive battler and solid ball winner
Will help us when games are scrappy or we result to hoof ball
Shows how Flynn wants to play
If he is I’ve Comley I’ll be very happy
If he is alongside Conley and kinsella I feel for our posession stats and worrry how we will create chances

Think he will do the Ladbied role which MF employed at Newport and help manage games out off the bench

1 Like

True he will do the labadie enforcer role which hopefully he is better at as labadie sucked
What a waste of 2 year wages he was

2 Likes

Wasn’t he at Plymouth a few years back?

Loved watching his Dad in that great Deportivo La Coruna in late 90s/top 00s, top keeper in his day.

Do we normally announce players this early in the day? I wonder if there is a chance of a second announcement today.

1 Like

Said the same above :+1:

Sorry!

1 Like

Probably the keeper.

3 Likes

I think we have another Roger Boli situation here, who does he think he’s signing for…:joy:

2 Likes

Decent signing

1 Like

What I like about this signing and indeed others like Jamille Matt, is that Flynn has identified a need within the squad and gone and got someone to address that need. In the past we’ve signed any old piece of Lee Beevers or Osei Yaw just to make up the numbers!

I think we’re just a Danny Johnson away from having an extremely strong side.

14 Likes

Never throw shade on Lee Beevers :joy:

2 Likes

Wretched player. Says it all that his best game for us was when he had to go in goal when Wacka got sent off!

I think his mom would beg to differ :laughing: :wink:

Quote from Clough in local press (apologies if already posted). I can’t get the link to work.

Clough met with Johnson and club CEO David Sharpe this week to discuss the striker’s future with his current deal up in the summer.

“The meeting went fine,” said Clough. “Danny understands there are 20 games to go. If nothing is agreed with another club then he will be with us.

“You never know what might happen with a week still to go in the window. It’s a little bit up in the air and out of my hands certainly. But as things stand he will be in the squad on Saturday.

“It is difficult as he has had such a good first half of the season at Walsall. But Danny just wants to play football and have an opportunity of scoring goals.

Would imagine Songo’o is one of the players who were supposed to sign last week, but probably waiting on Bradford to sign someone or something.

Now, was the other a 'keeper, or DJ???:thinking:

1 Like

Thought that myself, meets all the criteria MF mentioned as reasons why the signings didn’t materialise last week

Sign DJ and this squad really will be formidable.

4 Likes

Thought he would be here by now if he was coming :face_with_raised_eyebrow: