January transfer season 2021-22

Alright Fullerton :joy: only joking mate I’d say that’s spot on :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’d do exactly this. Fair play
I’d add Put earing back into number 10 over oss if holden isn’t fit and play a new centre midfielder x

1 Like

Ultimately the team have now kept 3 clean sheets from last four in the league. Of course it’s not perfect as a Harrogate type defensive performance is always lurking but Rollin-Monthe is clearly the best CB combo at the club.

So wouldn’t shock me if Taylor went in January (probably later given Mansfield away is middle of month so he’ll be needed for that game). Given he was first choice player in Scotland he’ll be one of highest paid players at the club so makes sense to let him go and get in a younger (and cheaper) model.

As Meyanese has shown so far that’s not always too bad a strategy. Only issue is if Monthe gets banned for that comment he made at Tranmere or injured and then you lack experienced CB unless Ward gets moved inside if a new LB is signed as I reckon he could play that role o.k.

1 Like

We must keep Taylor in my view. A suspension or injury is just around the corner especially for centre backs. We already have a young CB in Leak available and I think in that area of the pitch we have just the right balance. We certainly need strengthening at FB and assuming everyone stays I would try and get in another striker in the window.

2 Likes

Think a new striker is a certainty. MT mentioned it two weeks ago and an injury to Miller and you’d probably have to play Wilkinson there again and that messes with team balance (notice how good the results have been this season when Wilkinson and Miller have actually both started games).

Phillips doing alright but not yet ready to be number 9 and starting 40 games a season imo.

2 Likes

We’ve scored 21 goals in 18 games (1.16 goals per game) enough said.

For me
Need cover at LB especially if we stay in cups Ward cannot get through all those games.
Another Striker as if Miller gets injured there’s only really Phillips to rely on and as a lone striker I think it doesn’t suit him.
Personally I don’t think we can afford to loose taylor as it’s asking a lot of Leak early on if one of rollin on manny gets injured. If we did there’d need to be a CB signing to replace Taylor for me to.

Personally I’d send Shade back and use those funds on these positions as Khan has shown already he’s more then able on the wing and Wilkinson if fit is a guaranteed starter, we have plenty of midfielders so no reason if injuries happened we could get cover from them.

1 Like