January Transfer Window predictions

We couldn’t afford his wages!!!

Indeed. Who could blame Khan if he took that view.

2 Likes

Seriously though i know for a fact the Rico money came in just after the window closed so if we do not have a good go in January Pomlett is really no better than Bonser there should be plenty to play with.Over to you Pomser prove me wrong.

1 Like

I wonder how much we actually got for Rico and what you’d get for the money we received if we actually spent most of it

I’m inclined to say it’ll be quiet then we will go cap in hand to some clubs on the final evening for some Osei Yaw types but this time round I’m not so sure I think Matt will want us to be active and I think he’s going to be backed here I’ve just got this feeling we may all be surprised.

I do hope you’re right mate you can see some of the enthusiasm draining away from him , he needs something to happen.

3 Likes

My prediction:-

Miller is sold by Barnsley and ends up at a league 1 or 2 club but not us.

Menayese is snapped up by someone else

Shade goes back

Bates is released

We end up with dross and finish about 17th.

1 Like

Or his pie bill :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

We should know by now…it goes on ‘infrastructure’!
I’ll go with most of Lukeyboy’s predictions, but would add Phillips going back to Uddersfield.
Still stick with no signings, after all, according to Matt we have a plethora of Excellent players…why on earth would we need any more loans of third rate reserves when what we have is already that good?

Bonsor/Pomlett to conclude that we’ve got enough points to stay up followed by nothing. Unless someone bizarrely concludes that one of our players is worth something and offers a bag of magic beans

My predictions -

Bates on loan to national league - club won’t pay to release a player
Shade to return
Club sign Mayo 2 1/2 year contract nominal fee
Sign khan to end of year
Sign left back on loan
Striker on free til end of year
Holden gets injured on his 2nd game for us out for season

1 Like

And then not sign a centre half replacement, leaving us with Monthe as our our recognised first team centre half if Meneyese is recalled?

Sounds like a great plan :+1:t2:

1 Like

I think Meneyese will be signed full time in Jan window.

Pomlett wants it to happen, player is getting starts every week and also Mansfield have picked up results and keeping odd clean sheet so don’t see desire to recall him.

People wondering what Rico money will go on, I think Rollin coming full time on two and a half year deal will be a decent chunk.

This is important window really. Not just for this season but more giving the impression you’re building for next season aswell e.g. sign 2-3 on 18 month/two and a bit year deals and at least give a serious chance to starting next season well rather than just scrambling around for a striker at five to midnight on August 31st.

Doubt Miller will be signed full time but think another CF coming in is all but certain and I’d be hoping it’s a permament rather than loan deal.

1 Like

We need someone to support millet but will our budgie stretch to it.

3 Likes

No money to perchase anything decent.

1 Like

Then you woke up! This is Walsall my friend, ‘other’ clubs sign strikers in windows, we take no mark reserves that have never scored in their careers on loan.

Predictions? Ok, 1-3 new loans, turn 1-2 current loans to permanent deals, and of course some clauses magic with Khan’s contract. Till end of this season for sure, but maybe till the end of the next.
And no rush, I can happily wait till 31st January :wink:

Get Khan signed up on 18 month deal is pretty clear now, no idea why he hasn’t started much in last few weeks.

Might aswell play him upfront!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Despite the feeling of mediocrity persisting the current state of play is 5 points off 7th, 7 points off 3rd and 12 points off 23rd.

So really no reason at all not to have a go in January if the points totals off those positions stay roughly the same over next 3-4 weeks.

If little happens it just shows Pomlett is happy not to be involved in relegation battle, Taylor certainly wouldn’t be happy with that mindset especially if what was said above about Rico money coming through is true.

1 Like