January Transfer Window predictions

Would have been the case anyway, even with Taylor staying. Unless, he never really had Covid.

Playing Taylor was like having 1 Center back anyway. May Aswell have played with a lamp post at the back

3 Likes

Maybe there is some truth in the Mitchell Roberts rumour?

1 Like

We’ve a fortnight left, everyone else has already done their transfer business, maybe Fullarton is as we speak dredging through the leftovers for a loan option on the 31st aka the ‘Wiltshire’ forecast?
Come on my team, show some ambition, give us fans a reason to still think we can retain the magnificent status of mid table with a couple of options…a bronze statue to replace Ward perhaps?

Of course it was. The club couldn’t lie straight in bed! :clown_face: :circus_tent:

1 Like

“There are areas where we feel we need to add and get better."

…is what Matt says, but not really what we need to be doing. We need to sign players to replace the crap we signed last summer who have been nowhere near good enough, e.g. Taylor and Ward, and maybe a striker that actually belongs to us because we didn’t bother getting one in the previous window.

Oh and we have a “supremely talented” group, which is why we’re 15th in the fourth division.

6 Likes

Modded

Come on boys, play nice :blush: We just got rid of Taylor & Wilko scored a cracker, small pleasures for us Saddlers!

Reasons to be cheerful part 1,529.

It’s all about partnerships at the back.

Butler and Downing worked as one could just head away the crosses and Downing could drop off a bit, sweep up loose balls and feed balls into the midfield. At the start of 2012 remember it was Holden and Butler and that was quickly apparent they were just too slow and similar in style to gel.

Downing and J O’C was pretty decent in 15-16 aswell although of course Hanson completely destroying Downing in that away game showed his limitations. He still got a move to the championship on back of that season though.

Monthe and Rollin is clearly the best CB combo at the club, stats this season generally show it so think there’s a need to get in CB with similar style to Monthe while he’s out. Not sure Rollin and Leak will work tomorrow but it’s the only combination not tried to far this season and they will be tested with form Mansfield are in.

Just doing nothing as usual or even playing Ward there for another game and I’d start to question Taylor’s sanity.

1 Like

ARE YOU LOOKING TO MAYBE MOVE MORE PLAYERS ON? WOULD YOU ACCEPT AN OFFER FOR DEVANTE BECAUSE, FROM WHAT I HEAR, WALSALL AND STOCKPORT HAVE AN INTEREST IN HIM?
Vale press guy this morning looks like there might be something in it.

No need for him to shout :grin:

1 Like

Could be some truth in it. I know he’s done very little at Vale but he has spent two loan spells at Halifax in 2019 and 2020 played 20 games in total scoring 12 goals.

1 Like

Partnerships like Mole & Gamble? Bonser & Whalley?

Khan’s off then

Looks like it. I don’t know about signing players, we can’t keep the ones who are here!!!

2 Likes

We are just bollocks at times. Amateurish bollocks

Halfway through the window and so far nothing

3 Likes

Not only are we NOT signing players we are losing the ones we DO have :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Can anyone please tell me what Fullerton does he was an embarrassment pre season and is now how does he warrant a wage ?

2 Likes

If you were a football of league 2 minimum quality would you really wanna play for Walsall at this moment?
Only hope we have is some kid who’s never heard of Walsall on loan or some guy from the non league as his only professional shot
Anyone decent will wanna stay well away

1 Like