Jealousy

Shrewsbury Town FC.
Established league 1 side and Liverpool at home in the 4th round of the FA Cup.
This used to be us :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

1 Like

Makes a difference when you have owners that give a toss about the club rather than lining they’re own pockets!

2 Likes

Correct, and with you being Blackpool . . . . . . . . . .

Blackpool home 87/88 was where the love affair with the Saddlers started. 3 Penalties, 2 sendings off and a crazy referee and and I still haven’t learned my lesson 30 odd years later!

7 Likes

Kelvin Morton that crazy referee who loved to dole out cards.

About 3 years ago I posted on here about how I could see the two clubs were alarmingly going in complete opposite directions from top to bottom. As per I was shouted down by the usual suspects on here that are often too busy disagreeing with anything I post than to think logically about the points I raise :joy:

Hate to think how many times I have been right over these years, I guess some people just have vision. Good job I’ve not got a big head, isn’t it? :wink:

That was him! Saw worse this last couple of seasons though!

1 Like

If you remember when he awarded a penalty he would race off to the corner flag. When asked why he said “To give the defenders time to cool off…if they followed me and kept protesting I’d book them!”

That best seat in the house thing that Shrewsbury do is an excellent idea.

1 Like

Been to the old Gay Meadow, the New Meadow and seen em on TV in cup ties like this, but never heard their fans like this.

But safe standing will never work :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Helps when you’ve come back from 2-0 down against Liverpool though to be fair but no you are right very vocal bleating away made me laugh just watching Salah passing to the bloke who’s just been taken off walking around the pitch :rofl:

1 Like

Don’t really get anyone who dosen’t want a good cup run, been decades since club had one in FA cup (don’t really count 2016 due to uninspiring opposition).

1 Like

Ker-ching! For the Sloppies now.

FFS

2 Likes

[quote=“Fellows1926, post:5, topic:4182”]
“crazy referee”

No one beats the one and only Maurice Fussy

3 Likes

Yes I agree, without the safe standing the atmosphere would have been dead.

Fussy by name and nature!

1 Like

Fair play to the sheep shaggers … i am jealous to be honest.:frowning:

4 Likes

The annoying plebs were superb second half.

How can you be world champions though and concede two goals to a lad with the nickname “cumdog” :joy:

Their manager came over very well afterwards too…he followed DK to Wrexham. I know who got the best deal!!!

That feeling of ecstasy when Cummings