Jealousy

Scores

Spot on. Salop have become the kind of club we should aspire to be. Pomlett should be told to look at their approach and seek to emulate it. To think we used to be cup fighters like them! Weā€™ve fallen so far its pitiful. First step - safe standing - anyone who canā€™t see what a no brainer this is is a complete numpty!

4 Likes

Agree mate always thought of us as a bigger better more established club than the sheep shaggers now the roles have reversed. All of there players would walk into our team and that hurts.

1 Like

Can honestly say Im not the slightest bit jealous.

1. Every team has good and bad cycles. I dont get jealous of every team in a good cycle nor do I get jealous of any team in a league above us.

2. The cup is drawn randomly. I dont consider being drawn arbitrarily against Liverpool to be a particular achievement. Maybe the result was decent but cant say I sat there in envy.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t bother to watch it and the only thing i am jealous about is not getting a few quid on the draw after Liverpool went 2-0 up

Salop were excellent in the second half chunk the fight back after going 2 down reminded me of the days of the buck, Bernie the bolt, miah and the rest. Light years away from the poor fare we make do with at the moment

2 Likes

The same Shrewsbury that are 16th in the league, definitely not jealous each year there are 2 or 3 lower league teams that have a good cup run nothing down to being a well run club or world beaters, just luck in the cup draws

1 Like

Hard to believe we would be expected to beat them easily a few years ago, in fact we used to look forward to it, i wouldnā€™t like to play them at the moment.

2 Likes

Hmmm, a team now well established in their third or fourth season in League One, increasing gates, safe standing installed at fans request, no longer certs for a relegation scrap - 6 points off the play offs, atmosphere like I have never heard it at that stadium (formerly a morgue) and forward thinking ticket schemes for fansā€¦

Meanwhile our 30 years domination over them has fallen to pieces. To highlight the level of our fall from grace, when we were in The Championship, they were mid table in the conference. Itā€™s not luck, its a chairman that lost interest and a board that care. Now, which one is which? A club falling 3 divisions, while clear asset stripping is ongoing, cannot be considered ā€˜luckā€™.

Saw it coming a mile off like I say. A poster put a great quote up on here yesterday, which is great for some of the folk on here ā€˜There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not Seeā€™. On the plus side, it shows with the right focus and forward thinking we can get backā€¦

7 Likes

Only jealous of their trip to Anfield, which is down to Liverpoolā€™s reserves being sloppy and complacent today.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure if we was playing European champions at home and playing them off the park, our stadium would be rocking, nothing to do with how well they are run

3 Likes

Jealous of them sheepshagging bastards? Absolutely not.

What you fail to understand is that if it wasnā€™t for the 400+ in the safe standing area the rest of the Shrewsbury fans wouldnā€™t have had the motivation to cheer their team on.

FHTF view is that if we install safe standing at The Bezzla then we would have a match day atmosphere akin to Anfield regardless of the dross served up on the pitch.

In my opinion, it is mostly team performances that generate atmosphere. Weā€™ve all been at games at the Banksā€™ where the atmosphere has been great and nearly all of the ground has been singing. If the football on the pitch is boring and we are constantly losing, it is difficult to get the crowd singing no matter how some fans try. Invest in the team, play exciting football, string some decent home results together and the atmosphere will change. Itā€™s the same at most clubs.

2 Likes

I would be very interested for you to pull where I have said anything of the sort :joy: please donā€™t put words in my mouth in a veiled and unsuccessful attempt to devalue my points.

I think the atmosphere at home is sterile, and 90% of people seem to agree. I just think we need to do all we can to give ourselves a chance of changing it - and why on earth not! You seem to be of the opinion that we should just throw out hands up in the air, scratch our arses and do nothing. If you donā€™t mind me saying, that was attitude of our chairman for the final 15 years!

The sheepies have got positive nationwide press coverage from their safe standing and have garnered a positive working relationship with their fans, the atmosphere has improved (as anyone who went last year would agree) - Iā€™m sorry I fail to see any negatives. Once again, old fashioned stuck in your way views ā€˜we like it as it is, even though its shitā€™ meets visionary forward ideas.

1 Like

Iā€™d have to agree for me the atmosphere has been rubbish since the old Gilbert Alsop terrace went yet another business over football decision in the Bonser era.

1 Like

Mate honestly; since it was developed I canā€™t think of one occasion that we have even got close to the raucous atmosphere of the terrace when it was on form. And sorry, unpopular opinion maybe, but itā€™s patently obvious in my eyes we have not generated anything like what the Sheepies generated tonight - and we have played Wolves at home and some massive games in the Championship. People seeing what they want through blind loyalty I think, which in some ways is admirable - maybe its the Shrewsbury comparison but hey, the truth hurts sometimes - it hurts me, but Iā€™m still going to say it as I see itā€¦

If you asked a cross section of Walsall fans their top five issues, match day experience would be close to the top. So why on earth not try everything we possibly can to improve things?? I just donā€™t understand the mentality.

1 Like

Thereā€™s one thing that improves the match atmosphere more than anything else and itā€™s a winning team. And as Mansfield have shown you canā€™t guarantee success by throwing cash at it.
We were all told by Bristol Rovers fans that DC always starts slow. (He has). And that his tactics and his tinkering with the team would drive us mad (and it has).
They also said that he would get us promoted. Iā€™m still waiting on the last one but I think he will. If not this season then next.

We got beat end of story ā€¦ just look fwd to the next game ā€¦ we ainā€™t makin the play-offs so forget about it and these January transfers and a re-shape oc team what dc said or saying heā€™s gona do are poor atm

Not jealous as such, but the 2-2 scoreline is definitely food for thought.