Jon Whitney interview

Indeed the play offs team broke up and he did a goodjob IMO after that, until really the season he was sacked. As stated his Summer transfer policy was meant for 352 and this was just abandoned. This cost him more and more as the season developed, with an unbalanced squad.

Keates was far worse falling out with numeous players, appalling transfer record and pot luck formations.

Out the two,i personally felt sorry for JW -but I didnt Keates.

1 Like

Almost 18 months on and Whitney is still taking ■■■■.

1 Like

Whitney started the rot freezing out good professionals like O Connor who could have helped him. Keates finished the job implementing a non league attitude. Surely people within club could have seen this and acted sooner but what done is done. Clark will hopefully be just what we need right now.

5 Likes

I think it’s worth remembering who were responsible for the Whitney and Keates appointments, Bonser, Gamble and Mole, these clowns would ■■■■ up a good circus🤡

4 Likes

I think a lot of people forget the Whitney signings of Moussa, Cuvelier, Jackson and Makris in that first transfer window, all of whom would have commanded big signing on fees and contributed practically nothing!

He had tools at his disposal…

I also believe some of the 15/16 squad such as Mantom left because of JW, rather than him being mega unfortunate to have to rebuild.

And let’s not forget how many unfit players the bloke signed. He was a disaster.

Does anyone really believe Whitney signed Makris?

5 Likes

Quite a few rumblings about playing like Mantom not liking Whitney at all and leaving because of him, there was a couple more I think as well. Matt Preston got well and truly ran around too, he wanted to stay and sign and we kept him around in pre-season acting like we were about to give him a new deal but Whitney never offered him one so he had to go to Swindon. He’s now a solid league 2 centre half for Mansfield probably on much more than we ever offered him here. I always rated him just felt he needed some coaching and an experienced head to guide him mentally as he had all the physical attributes to be a monster of a centre half. We really could have used him that season too as we had players like Toner come in and be absolute ■■■■ when Preston could have had a season to learn and develop for the long term.

Plus his signings like spending big chunks of our wages on wasters like Jackson cause he met him and had a nice Muffin with him in London or something like that, plus Leahy, Guthrie, Makris (who Whitney has even said he spotted him when scouting a different player from that team a couple years before we went in for him), Moussa and Cuvelier who never got fit despite his own ridiculous self belief he could “fix” them.

Then let’s also not forget how he got into the players and told them not to celebrate with the fans and stuff, which I think led to players like Leahy really holding a grudge. I could go on and on.

He was a pants manager and much, much worse than Keates. Both were naff but Whitney was next level naff.

3 Likes

Not sure what he’s supposed to say. “Nah I’m ■■■■ an all we’d have gone down under me as well”?

1 Like

It’s irrelevant. He either accepted a player he didn’t want because he wasn’t assertive enough or signed one that was ■■■■ poor.

Like yourself then ?

3 Likes

Yow got the hump today, Swampy?

1 Like

Only with ■■■■■■…like you.
I have actually got my ar se in my hands.
My Twitter account is suspended.
I only wished a fatal injury on someone.

1 Like

Twitter?
■■■■■■■ hell. ■■■■ it off.
Enjoy your life and try not to be so angry.

Hero😂

As said on another site
Such a shame to see that all the mental health treatment he’s recieved , clearly hasan,t worked
Still the deluded ego maniac he always was

What an over the top reaction to an opinion on football :rofl:

I think this is the downfall of our last two managers - building a team to play a certain way and abandoning it when it doesn’t go right for them.

Smith stuck with his same system irrespective of the result - all of those winless runs too.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

https://twitter.com/saddlersstats/status/1148146576755503104

2 Likes

:joy: Brilliant. Classic Whitney.

1 Like