Jonas Mukuna Signs

“I am buzzing,” Mukuna said. "It is something I have always worked hard for throughout my whole life playing football and to sign my professional football contract, my family and I are delighted and I can only just thank God.

Is he Osadebe in disguise? :rofl:

2 Likes

I wish him well, but … rather hard to be impressed.

2 Likes

Tbf to me he shown more than Abraham did lol
All seriousness Good luck to the lad . Only 17 so who knows

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well that came out the blue, nobody saw rhis one coming😃

1 Like

I say give the lad a chance. This writing off of players before they have kicked a ball is just daft. If Our Manager thinks they have some promise who am I to argue.

4 Likes

Welcome to Walsall Jonas.

The thing is he has kicked a ball in presason and was rubbish

3 Likes

17 year olds signing their first professional contract rarely are anywhere near a first team so personally, I wouldn’t expect him to be.

If he is, great, we may have found a good 'un. If not, he may be one for the future.

If he turns out to be neither, assuming he’s not on a massive wage :wink: so not much risk either way.

2 Likes

Copy, paste.

Agree. He’s 17 and got a pro-contract. Hope he’s really successful.

He was cack on trial hopefully he is a development signing

Did you watch him preseason? Personally dont think he will help us push on… would love to be wrong tho

2 Likes

I think the club have done him a dis-service trialling him in the first team friendlies, as supporters expect to see trialists with a realistic chance of improving the first team in those games. We saw him play and we weren’t impressed. He’s clearly a mile away from that standard at the moment, he may improve.

If he’s one for the youth team, he should have been played in the Walsall XI matches with the other first year pros and the youth team. I don’t know why the club didn’t do that.

3 Likes

Yep, and agree that he didn’t look a world beater. However, he can’t be deemed as a necessary panic buy which would suggest that the management team see some potential. Are you saying that you are more qualified than Michael Flynn to make your assessment?

Not saying anything of the sort… its just my opinion and knowing walsall he has been signed for the first team

1 Like

All I am saying is give the lad aged 17 a chance. What is the matter with you lot …have got a downer on youth? The management team obviously see something in him. There is just a chance they might be right :wink:

5 Likes

another under whelming sighing , why do the club parade these players who are either youth team players or to warm the bench/ make up the numbers

1 Like

Whooooooooooo

Mukuna wasnt brilliant in pre season, you could see lack of senior football he played. One to develop not like Timmy mallet who should be on loan to pelsall villa as its about his level.

2 Likes