Josh Ginnelly

Oh right, I just saw the name and assumed it was him, pretty sure one of the articles I read actually referred to here as being a WAG and going out with a footballer.

Can Alexandra Burke play centre-half?

There has to be some quality for Burnley to have had him on the books.Also he has had some experience of mans football since he was last with us. I think Keates will be installing into everyone what their role is in the team so the lad will be clear about whatā€™s expected from him which may not have been the case during his last spell. The test is does he improve on what we have got and I think he does.

I agree. He wouldnā€™t have been at Burnley if he didnā€™t have some quality. I definitely think heā€™s worth a punt - itā€™s a bit of a low-risk signing. If he comes off then great, if not, then we try to get someone else in in January.

1 Like

Really? Didnā€™t we get Ngoo from Liverpool?
Yes, Liverpool!!!
Someone mentioned earlier Lalkovic & Ginnelly, have we really fell that much?

Fell from having Morris and Devlin on the wing?

1 Like

Daft comment mate, just because a player was in a higher league, doesnt mean heā€™s going to be good enough for League 1, as evidenced by a number of our Loanees from last season, not too mention countless before.

If John Witney had made this signing there would have been uproar!

I donā€™t agree. I think the vast majority saw enough in Ginnelly to see this as a decent signing. 2 promotions and a couple of years in a tough physical league later I think this signing under Whitney would have had a similar reaction (apart from the militant Whitney haters of course).

Doubt it, plenty werenā€™t sure on Dobson coming back and he played much more in 16/17 than Josh.

Yep.

Not even saying itā€™s a bad thing players/signings are getting more leeway to prove themselves but they definitely are. I hope he does exactly that.

Flipping it around, if Whitney was still in charge I donā€™t think Ginnelly would have signed for Walsall.

1 Like

He did the first time, and now heā€™s a free agent after two spells in non league football. I reckon heā€™d have still jumped at the chance to join a league one club, Whitney or not.

Who knows? I think the manager, and any previous experience of that manager, plays a big part in a player deciding to move, though.

Hopefully as others have said heā€™ll kick on a lot more in Deanoā€™s 4-4-2. There was definitely something about him when he was here before, hopefully has bulked up a bit and can handle the rigours of league 1 football.

However, itā€™s key we bring in an experienced winger for this level now. As others have said, Zeli would be ideal if Uncle Jeff is ā€˜willingā€™ to push the boat out a bit in wages (or we could always deploy Eboue as a wing back :wink: )

2 Likes

Bugger!!:flushed:

For me he wouldnā€™t have joined under Whitney. I tweeted him welcoming him but also mentioning how I felt he was a victim of Whitneys poor management in his previous spell. He liked and replied to the tweet. Probably just being nice but I got the impression he agreed.

3 Likes

I spotted that tweet and thought the same to be honest.

The vast majority didnt and Josh only got back in Tranmereā€™s team towards the end of the season.

There is nothing about this signing that can evidence itā€™s a good one, hope Im wrong as I said.

Could be a different Alexandra Burke too

Iā€™ve got a feeling Zeli is asking for too much money and weā€™ve signed Ginnelly instead.mentioned on the old site Milan Lalkovic told us after the Northampton game him and Zeli where signing and both deals where verbally agreed letā€™s see what happens they could both still potentially sign yet as well.