Jules?

Does anyone have an update on the fitness of Zak Jules?

Hopefully, Liam Keen can ask the question because, frankly, there is nothing else going on at the moment…

Personally, I think that while most have focused on the impact of Gordon and Holden on the club’s ‘mini revival’ before the more recent slump, the omission of Jules of late has been a massive miss.

With Nurse returning to fitness and with the absence of a right-sided midfielder who is fit enough to do a job, I would like to see the Saddlers try a 5-2-3 formation.

Jules and Clarke can fill in if either Norman or Nurse (not both at the same time) bomb forward. Surely, in training, the players can try out this formation because without Holden ‘in the hole’, we need to try a different approach, I think:

Rose

Norman
Clarke
Scarr
Jules
Nurse

Kinsella
Bates

Gordon
Adebayo
McDonald

Regular subs:
Lavery
Scrimshaw
White

and a few youngsters - e.g. I’d like to see Sam Perry, Joe Willis and Jayden Campbell get a chance on the bench.

Can’t do any worse than Guthrie, Sinclair and Nolan…

Without a league game, it would be nice to see something ‘from the training ground’ come to fruition…

We don’t play now until the 16th so I wouldn’t expect much out of E&S other than recycled quotes

Think it was mentioned on ifollow commentary of one of the recent away games (possibly Salford?) that Jules and Nurse did something in between a warm up and full training session pre match on the pitch away from that matchdays squad.

Doubt we’ll get anything at all from Clarke unless there is a medium-long term injury like Gordon had or Holden has.