Khan off

Nobody much would want to invest in a lower 4th division team, and they would demand a high price. Get us into mid league one and it would be a very different story. The problem is that I, and many others, can’t see how we are supposed to get into mid League one!

1 Like

There was nothing stopping us offering him a 2 year contract when he first came to the club, but we are in the unfortunate position of not being able to gamble on unfit players. Good luck to him, he has showed that in comparison our players don’t step up to the plate,and yet he’s nothing special really, he just does the easy things well.

3 Likes

As he left then

It’s the kind of information that is probably difficult for us to find out, but I would imagine within ‘football circles’ it’s fairly common knowledge what other teams are spending. I’d hope he wouldn’t be making those kind of statements without being able to back it up and as you say, I don’t think he would. I just think it’s another year where we the budget we have has been managed poorly resulting in a lop sided squad with adequate depth in key areas.

It’s those simple decisions, which can be the difference between bottom half and top half league two. I mean Sutton United are third… :joy: It shouldn’t be this difficult!

3 Likes

That sounds harsh in a way but I know what you mean. It isn’t like when MOC, or GON, or Padula turned up and we thought “wow, this is something special” he was just a decent player who played decently, and had, presumably, over the years practiced taking corners and free kicks so that he was competent at them, unlike some other players. He still looked better than anything else we had though, even when he first came and was rusty. We’ve won one in the last 8 league and cup games, and that was largely through his MOTM performance.
Good luck to him, I don’t blame him for taking a better offer.

2 Likes

Taylor has confirmed it. F***ing joke club

1 Like

Let be honest if I got a better offer for job I do I would be only to happy to accept, especially as walsall are going no where.

1 Like

Not the point. We should be competing with other clubs in our division. Otherwise what’s the point.

Or indeed giving out shite contracts to players better than what we have in the first place.

Not having we can’t afford him, he was already here being paid FFS!

1 Like

Zero chance of me getting a season ticket next season if something unbelievable happens in next ten days.

3 Likes

I agree we should be competing, obviously we’re not, pomlette happy for walsall just to avoid relegation again.

Khan leaving is a damning indictment of where we are as a club right now.
Absolutely don’t blame Khan, we probably offered rubbish terms on his short term deal to start with.

He got his chance in the shop window and took it with both hands. Well done :clap:

He owes us nothing and delivered on his part of the deal. Shame our ‘right got at it’ can’t match his earning potential.

We move on in the same dark place. The replacements our DOF alludes to as Plan B, C will tell us all what we already know I suspect.

1 Like

We have 3 games before end of transfer window. So if your going to change where we are in the league we need players now. Regarding season ticket me and my 2 lads have already said we are not having one next year as it’s been another dreadful season on and off the pitch.

I thought we had couple players lined up obviously not. All bullet again

I heard a rumour around November time that Otis was frustrated with MT at his lack of playing time. Maybe that was a factor?

Can’t blame him. Way better than what was selected ahead of him. Like not even in the same universe.

What a waste of time getting him fit was.

1 Like

Rats and sinking ships phrase comes to mind

He’s gone

Anyone do the Lottery?!!