Kids for free

For those who attended last nights meeting and interested in taking there kids for free ,I wrote to the club for more information and this this is how you go about it ,I did ask if it was all stands apart from the main stand and they said this—
Thank you for your enquiry.

To sign up for Swifty’s Squad, we just ask for two passport-sized photos and some proof of age for the junior. There is a short form to fill in at the Ticket Office and it does take a few minutes to process the application so that we can provide you with a membership card for your son which is then valid until the end of the season. Due to the process taking a few minutes initially, we ask that if you are only able to come down on a matchday, it is done before 1pm, or alternatively we can post the form to you and you could also return it by post if this is easier for you so that the card is ready for you to collect at your convenience.

Swifty’s Squad members must be aged under 12 on 1st August at the start of the season you are signing up for (e.g. birth date after 01.08.2006 for the 2018-19 season), and membership must be renewed at the start of each season so we can update any change in details and provide a new membership card with up to date photos.

Once you have signed up, you will be able to obtain a free ticket for a Swifty’s Squad member when you are purchasing an Adult ticket.

If you do need any further information, please just let me know.

Kind regards,

Laura Greenhouse
Ticket Office Manager

3 Likes

It does apply to the Middle / Upper Tier of the HomeServe Stand, yes. It is only the Main Stand in which it is not available.

Kind Regards,

Laura Greenhouse
Ticket Office Manager

1 Like

Has anybody signed up for this prior to last nights meeting?

I have never heard of this scheme which is absolutely ludicrous. Are we sure they haven’t panicked and just pushed this through in the face of growing evidence that has been presented about our rivals prices being cheaper etc?

Also, can juniors attend without a chaperone i.e. family member? We have operated this before with cheaper tickets and it doesn’t work if it’s reliant on the junior being accompanied.

Furthermore, it still does not solve the young adult being completely priced out.

1 Like

That implies that it is 1 free ticket per paying adult and not as Stefan said last night that that you could take all yr kids as long as there is 1 paying adult🤨???

I will email them back lol👍🏻

I don’t agree that the scheme is ludicrous. What is ludicrous is the fact that no one seems to know about it!!! It is similar to the free season tickets for youngsters under the “early bird” scheme. This just highlights how poor the club is at marketing its football products. It also doesn’t help those over 12 who have to pay too much to see games when unaccompanied by an adult. There is much for the Club to think about and do to solve this issue before the “early bird” offer.

1 Like

That is literally what Funk just said?

1 Like

It’s been there for at least 5 years, I get my grandson one every year, it’s on the website it’s there for everyone to read.

Not a problem at all. Yes, that’s correct - it’s not strictly one junior per adult as we understand that there are lots of families with more than one junior under the age of 12, so within reason, you are able to bring more than one junior per full paying adult.

Kind Regards,

Laura Greenhouse
Ticket Office Manager

You are right …I misread his post!!!

2 Likes

That’s great for me to be able to get my kids in for free. But why is this not shouted from the roof tops of the Bescot

4 Likes

They have just ticked along charging people as they wish ,very poor of the club for not passing this information down to the fans and not promoting it.

2 Likes

That is exactly the problem. You have to know and enquire, rather than this appearing on the M6 advertising.

3 Likes

I’ve been using this for 6 years to take my lad to the games for free. Now he’s over 12 we pay the equivalent of £3 a home game for his season ticket, and each game he goes to he gets £3 back on the turnstile.

So if he goes to all the games he’s free. The club do push this, although not everyone see it i guess…

Oh and first post on here, hello all :wink:

7 Likes

They don’t push it at all and thats the point . When I have brought tickets for me my wife and 4 kids at the ticket office i get 2 in for £2 each then another 11 quid each for the other 2 why am I not told about it there and then as to save me money.??

4 Likes

I paid more than I had to for an under 18 for 3 years. He’s now 18 and there is no offer in place for young adults.

■■■■ me - that is quite an expenditure that was completely unnecessary and it just adds to my gripes with the morons who market the products and come up with the ticket structure.

When you buy online any offer should also be there - and they aren’t. Just been on some other clubs websites and their online ticket outlets (surprise, surprise) clearly displays ticket prices, available offers and applies discounts automatically when tickets are added to basket.

Do the web developers, ticket outlets etc meet with the marketing department to discuss what offers there are and how they should be facilitated on the site? Its been running for how many years? Errrr its not anywhere on the site! From my business dealing with ticket outlets I know they badger clients for regular meetings - Walsall FC just exist in their little bubble, believing what they offer is amazing.

2 Likes

The only logical explanation is that the staff are told not to tell fans about these offers unless they are asked.:see_no_evil:

1 Like

I have used this in the past and last season we purchased tickets through the soccer schools. Neither offer is well advertised and I had to make enquiries to get clarity.

These offers are very good and should be advertised around the ground, in the programme, on the website, in the newspaper, on posters and billboards around the town, on social media etc. It’s a missed opportunity.

Where the above offer doesn’t work well is when there is a group of kids who want to attend the game without an adult or those that want to make a decision whether to attend on the day.

2 Likes

This is good. Wish I had known about it. Is the cashback ticket still available for older kids?

This…It’s hardly the clubs fault if fans can’t be arsed to do a bit of research. If it wasn’t advertised how come I’ve managed to do it the last two years for my grandson.