L 1-0 vs Tranmere Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 24th Sept, 3pm

Really looking forward to this today. Saw Tranmere earlier this season and they are a good side, very physical also. I’ve got a feeling that this is the game that reboots our season though. :+1:

3 Likes

Interesting that they have a director of football in James Vaughan. Darren Bent mentioned that Vaughan took a degree in it and does a similar role to Mark Noble’s new role at West Ham.

I wonder whether there is someone who could take on that role at Walsall? David Kelly’s name always comes up but maybe someone like Andy Williams could get the involved as he comes to the end of his playing career.

I’d be interested to know what Matty Fryatt is up to nowadays because surely he has great contacts in the game and is ‘one of our own’ and as an older ex-player, I miss Richard O’Kelly because I think he was a really clever player and coach.

How does it work for them? Buy one at full price and get another at a fiver I assume?

Offer just for season ticket holders by the looks of it

First match of the season for me and going with friends so an extra 6 at least today ( looking forward to my first visit to ISSA too).

Spend most of my time watching Southern League football so a step up in level expected ( yeah, right,:wink:). 5,800ish but might just reach 6k.

1-0 Saddlers.

2 Likes

Should be a good atmosphere then mate.

1 Like

Due to no childcare I’m going to take my 3 year old to his first game! Give it a go
Any tips to keep him preoccupied? I know he loves wearing his Walsall shirt
Can he go to the community hub for the kids pre game if he is sitting in the upper stand with me?
Very excited to take him but any tips from the experienced moms and dads out there would be great thank you x

1 Like

The kids zone is open. Little ball pool, sponge ball and goals, lego. Can also write a letter to a player or staff.

I also take a bag with pens and paper etc in for my little one when she chooses to come.

2 Likes

121121034453-witch-computer-restoration-uk

The UTS statistics ladz warming up the bingatron 500 computer in readiness for this afternoon’s clash against Tranmere

8 Likes

We’re at home and need to win.
For me:

Evans
Daniels, Clarke, Monthe
Bennett Earing Comley Maddox Allen
Williams Johnson

However,
Flynn may play Knowles instead of Johnson.

I just hope we play 4 at the back and don’t play both Comley and kinsella

Therefore I expect

Evans
Bennett white daniels monthe allen
Kinsella Hutchinson Comley
Johnson Williams

I’d like us to start on the front foot and pin these back for the first 20 minutes hopefully taking one of those chances this week.I don’t want to see another Colchester first half performance which was dire.Confidence is low I get that but it’s another game forget the past 10 there’s nothing we can do about that,concentrate on taking all 3 points from this one.

Evans
Bennett monthe daniels allen
Maddox Hutchinson earing knowles
Williams johnson

Drop kinsella he dont prvode any attacjing threat at all.

Similar for me
Yeah 442
Diamond midfield with Comley or Kinsella holding two wider Mids in Maddox and Knowles with Earing or Hutchinson centre attacking role Williams and Johnson up top could play the attacking midfielder a bit deeper in a 4-1-3-2

1 Like

I’m paying my first visit to the Railway club,any UTS’ers in today?

Hi Sid give us a wave

Just remember not to post what you’re drinking or how much of it you’re consuming :wink:

Enjoy!

1 Like

Where are you?

I’m waving

1 Like

Beginning to think along the lines of our newbie karm, welcome by the way, Tranmere have proved lately that they are no pushovers, beating Bolton Midweek. If we start like we sometimes do they may hit us early, then it is an uphill struggle.
Hoping for our first win for yonks but fear a 1-1 draw will be the best bet.
Hope Knowles has a cracker, he has passion, determination and effort, even though possible lacking in quality.
Flynn, please don’t play Kins & Comley together, and avoid White in the starting line up!