L 3-1 vs Forest Green Rovers (H) - League Two - Sat 14th Aug, 3pm

I disagree. I was right in line with it and Monthe definitely pulled the player back. I was very unimpressed with Monthe and Taylor: for big men, they were outmuscled and too easily beaten in the air as well as on the ground. Menayese has got to play in place on Monthe and Leak must be close to a start too. Given our lack of pace at the back, I’d even contemplate playing 3 at the back. We just need a left-wing back to allow that to happen.

4 Likes

Definite penalty and agree with comments.

2 Likes

I didn’t see a pull back. I did see a blatant one on us in the second half when we were breaking that wasn’t punished though. No consistency - still a bellend.

2 Likes

Have to agree I saw at least 2 humongous shirt pulls on our players one when we were attacking down the right second half and one when we put a ball over the top down the left second half on Kiernan the official’s in this league are very poor.

3 Likes

I agree he was a bellend - he missed the blatant pull back on Osadebe and was generally poor. But, that is clutching at straws a bit for our abject performance. When will this nightmare end?!!

It’s definitely no excuse - but I’m just pointing out the inconsistency in his performance. FGR deserved to the win

1 Like

I have seen the penalty incident lots of times now and I’m still not sure. Some sitting in certain areas seem to think it was definitely a penalty so I’m not going to argue. It was right in front of us but that didn’t give a great angle to judge.

The ref wasn’t far away from it at all, although behind it. He clearly shook his head to say no. The linesman presumably had a better angle. All that being said though, how often do Linesman get involved in incidents like this especially at our level. You see them delaying which way to give a throw-in at times to give the ref a chance to give a nod.

You couldn’t really argue with the scoreline, 2-0 at half time though as bad as it seemed you are only a goal away from getting back in the game. 3-0 and you are looking for miracles, killed the match completely.

1 Like

The good news is, we are only four points off the playoffs :rofl:

Labadie is struggling for fitness. He was nowhere near anything all game until he went off. Even when he won the tackle he lost the ball.

Way off the pace.

2 Likes

This squad would be more than capable of the play offs if it had three additional signings as forwards. I still think that.

Some were saying it was stonewall he pulled him back, he didnt, he put his hands on him and he went down quicker than a whores draws. The lino couldn’t wait to give it, it was his big day out.

Either way it would never have happened had Monthe defended properly and cleared the ball.

1 Like

If that was a penalty then we might as well give up. There was no pull back …just a rather clumsy coming together. The elbow that nearly caused Osedebe to stop breathing went completely unpunished and the free kick was given to FGR. That was a very serious incident. Not excuses because were beaten comfortably by a better team. Some people have been criticising Kiernan mainly on the basis it seems because he came from Harrogate. I would just gently point out he put in 2 glorious crosses and scored a very good goal. I have made the point before that we have to give all these players a good few games to assess them and not to be overly critical of individuals.Taylor for example was very good Tuesday but not so good yesterday.It is very early days.

3 Likes

Yes there was. From the other angle it was a clear pelanty. The lino got several other things wrong, but was correct about this one.

I think half of that is down to him having to cover for Osadebe who has no positional sense as part of a two man midfield. Fair enough if Taylor wants to try these things out, but hopefully he realises that either Kinsella or Perry need to be alongside Labadie

1 Like

He should have realised a lot quicker yesterday. If he had reacted faster we may not have been dead and buried at half time.

2 Likes

A mate of mine joked about that as well but on a serious note if you think about it it’s quite bad especially if we don’t win on Tuesday we could be 5-6 PTS off a play off place already that will take a bit of a run to turn around

Never a penalty. Never in a million years.

On the highlights it looks an even worse decision. Nothing but a dive because the balls gone away from him. If only footballers knew what embarrassment was.

Clearly a penalty from my angle. Most fans by me accepted the decision, they could see the foul. On the camera, it doesn’t look a foul.

It was right infront of me. If thats a penalty i give up.

I dunno, I saw the foul and was disappointed but not surprised when the lino started waving his flag. Sadly the lino against Donny didn’t see a blatant pull on Kiernan in the penalty area, but that’s the way it goes.