L 3-1 vs Stevenage (A) - League Two - Sat 8th Jan, 3pm

Yep, a previously pencilled in fixture has now been erased.

1 Like

I know mate, I am thinking twice now… I had been looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’ll be going. But must admit. It’s now out of blind loyalty. to my. Hometown club. And I’ve done it for far to long now to change.

I no longer attend with any sort of hope as that went a long time ago. . Club is Withering away in front of our eyes. And there is little we can do. Other than protest before and after games. , but not during. Them

It’s a sin and a shame what our once proud club is being brought to.

3 Likes

We are too big for this league in terms of support, but as stated in my post, that means very, very little. This is always illustrated when you look and see 50-150 away fans on Saturday afternoon.

We have only just started operating with DoF etc, I do think our fans expected this to have a major impact - but other clubs have had this in place for many years, it doesn’t guarantee success when everyone else is doing it.

With Walsall FC, the one phrase always springs to mind; pay peanuts, get monkeys.

That’s being selective Funk. Local clubs and bigger clubs that come down bring plenty to us . Bradford, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Vale etc. Not Stevenage, Harrogate, Salford and Sutton.

We have airways taken good numbers to Mansfield as it is an easy place to get to so for me celebrating that we’ve sold 300 tickets a few days before doesn’t seem anything special.
800-1000 is what I’d expect to rol up on Saturday.

1 Like

Vale appointed their DoF just before us. Probably not a fair comparison anymore given that Vale and their ‘quite remarkable’ chairperson managed to secure the VP freehold too.

1 Like

Another year of no hope or no changes (well, barring the YouTube vids saying ‘we are having a go’) and we will be lucky to be taking 300 next season :joy:

Pretty easy to throw stones at support from a different country :+1: Maybe if you’d been to most games this season and watched this shite after travelling for hours in the freezing cold you’d see why 300 isn’t bad on the Tuesday before the game.

Cant help but like there owners ambitious and fan friendly win win.

And if that’s the case, we will have less reason to moan that we shouldn’t be in this league.

1 Like

I feel there will be fewer moans about where we find ourselves in the next few years. I mean, I feel this organisation is exactly where it belongs to be. The fans no, the organisation absolutely yes.

I think we will slum it around mid / lower table for a few years then unless there is a change in the boardroom I can easily see a Boreham Wood or Solihull Moors taking our place in the league pyramid.

They are. From West Bromwich too.

1 Like

We have a top 7 attendance (last time I checked) and a top 10 budget according to Pomlett. We absolutely should be at least challenging no excuses.

It’s easy for @Belphegor to throw stones from a different country with his feet up, shrugging his shoulders and closing the laptop when we lose again. Bit different when you’ve got a two-three hour journey ahead of yourself in the pissing rain or snow.

1 Like

I know I’m as loyal as most, but it’s almost like I feel like I need to make a stand and not go :joy::joy::joy:

Saying that I’ll prob be there Saturday!

1 Like

We do mate, and our support looks increasingly strong with all the Harrogate’s of this world being promoted.

Your an intelligent bloke - we both know this statement is total pap. Selling assets at the first opportunity and a current team where all our best players are on loan. No signs any more business is inbound this month either.

1 Like

That’s true, I never said I believe him, I’m just talking about the ambitions of the fans and the right to expect better. If the chairman comes out with that the fans have every right to hold him to it because it’s mostly their money going in.

1 Like

I agree that without substantial investment will are more likely to be a yo-yo div 3/div 4 club than div 3/ div 2 but I think that the current set up is capable of keeping us out of non league.

Not sure how long you’ve been a supporter Funk, but supporters my age and older endured decades in div 3 with the odd season or two in Div 4 before Ramsden took over. I can remember going to Mansfield plenty of times in the 70’s and we always took a good following, well before the days when average Joe had a car.

1 Like

I’m gutted mate, my ticket has just arrived. I was hoping it would get lost in the post.

5 Likes

You can still enjoy the pubs mate.

That’s an idea, wish I’d thought of that 45 years ago :rofl:

2 Likes