L 4-0 vs Aston Villa (H) - Wed 21st July, 7:30pm

They only deep cleaned the pitch :grin:

2 Likes

More likely that Exile is right and they just went round spraying the seats with disinfectant rather than scrubbing them. You could see last night where all the green stickers had been taken off and left clean(er) circles.

On Saturday I noticed that the flush on one of the crappers in the Stadium Suite loos was over running - which youā€™d think would be something that could have been checked and sorted over the last year or so. Last night though that whole set of toilets (womenā€™s as well as menā€™s) was roped off, so presuming the problem has got worse?

On the plus side, great to see us well prepared for any eventuality - thereā€™s been a pallet of gritting salt outside the family stand for both games. :cloud_with_snow: :snowman: :rofl:

4 Likes

On 1 July the club put some images up on social media of the deep clean in action.

Looks like Karcher style jet wash equipment which can be great, but if you do the seats first and then the concrete steps, you end up kicking up dirt which settles again on the back of seats - unless you thoroughly flush away all the detritus row by row.

Thatā€™s my experience of doing our drive and patio in any case. :grinning:

https://twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1410568875989688321

Thereā€™s a ā€œ30 years of dirtā€ lyric in here somewhere I am sure.

4 Likes

My mate phoned Radio WM yesterday to enter their mystery prize competition.

The presenter congratulated him on being the first contestant and told him all he needed to do was answer 1 simple question to win the Mystery Grand Star Prize.
ā€œFeeling confident?ā€ the presenter said, ā€œItā€™s a maths questionā€.
ā€œFantasticā€ said my mate, ā€œIā€™ve got a degree in Mathematics from Oxford University and Iā€™ve taught it to A level students for the last 20 yearsā€.
ā€œOK then, to win our Grand Star Prize - of 2 tickets to tonightā€™s friendly between Walsall and Aston Villa - what is 2 + 2?ā€
ā€œ7ā€

5 Likes

Look how bad that team is :sweat_smile:

Some people on here want him to start 40 games this season. :joy:

He should just be an impact sub. Much better players at the club in the positions he plays. Hopefully they can stay fit.

1 Like

It was always going be tough against a side who could be in the top seven this season.
Iā€™m slightly concerned we havenā€™t scored yet. We have not seen Wilkinson or Earring yet and keeping Holden fit may be an issue. By all accounts Phillips is working hard but needs more help up front, hopefully there are more signings to come.
Getting hammered 4-0 has to put a little dent in our confidence, Iā€™m sure MT will debrief them and urge the squad to quickly move on to Kidderminster.

Makes me wonder how much Leighā€™s been charged for a ā€œdeep cleanā€ of the stadium Iā€™m guessing quite a bit considering itā€™s quite a lot of seats to be cleaned so heā€™s probably had his pants pulled down over the price.

Having drawn my fingers through the accumulated grime and licked them, I can confirm that the dirt is beautifully sterilised, or at least I think it is, as Iā€™m not currently suffering any side effects so far.

Remind me, what does our Chief Operations Officer do? Obviously not supervising contract working standards.

We also have a stadium manager. I wonder what he or she does?

Has anyone made the club aware. Canā€™t believe they have not cleaned the place in all this time?

I emailed the club on Saturday. Not had a response.

And me

What makes it worse is that it actually has been cleaned at our expense and itā€™s still filthy.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking:

Any dirt birdshit etc left certainly isnt a deep clean my mate ran a cleaning company a few years back and i helped him out now and again if we had left a job like that we would have been called back and not paid until it was sorted 100%.we used to do the carpets at Bescot when Merson was manager.

4 Likes

Yep, SuperGabor posted a Twitter link above with pictures of them washing the seats.

Although, in the pictures, the machinery the company is using looks like cheap stuff you could get from Homebase rather than industrial machinery. Not surprised it hasnā€™t shifted much. :joy:

As I keep saying though. This company has been given a long term contract to regularly clean the ground so if theyā€™ve not done it properly first time the club needs to put a rocket up their ass and have it rectified.

2 Likes

Iā€™d also agree with this.

Whether it be Mole himself or one of the managers below him, someone has signed this work off.
Did they not bother going round checking the cleaning that had been done before signing it off?

2 Likes

Highlights?

0-4