L 4-3 vs Blackburn Rovers (A) - League Cup, Tue 8th August, 7:45pm

4132 With Matt and Oteh up front?

:flushed: do we want to give them a game?

To win this game would be one of the biggest upsets in recent Caribou Cup history. We are huge underdogs so it really is a free hit for us,and an opportunity to put ourselves against a top Championship side.

1 Like

We’ll be fine as long as it doesn’t rain dear.

2 Likes

I’m going for a 5-0 win, goals apiece for Kingnuk and Alonerk, and a hat-trick from Itimagnark.

As Sads himself said this game comes thick and fast.

It’s usually a positive after a loss that the next game is upon you almost instantly to make amends but I have to say that the realistic view is we’ll be out the cup by 10 o’clock Tuesday night.This is a exactly what I feared after Sadlers appointment and I’d have loved to have taken a point or for Johnson’s shot to have gone in off the post but it’s always about fine margins in football and when it keeps landing on the wrong side of those margins it doesn’t take long for negativity from fans and extreme pressure for the manager and players.The sooner the first victory comes the better and if that’s Tuesday brilliant but if it isn’t and we lose against a Stockport side that lost their first game too it will certainly turn the heat up in the kitchen somewhat.

2 Likes

No way are Blackburn going to play hardly any of there first eleven that started Saturday

Is this game on iFollow ?

No next game on iFollow is Wrexham away x

1 Like

Or Stockport at home…

It shows as the next available match here, but Saturday rules might apply.
https://www.saddlers.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/
Edit. Looks like audio only.

Yes, even if you use a VPN it doesn’t come up as available to buy as a video match pass (Stockport does even though a Saturday game so not available in the UK).

1 Like

Assuming the VPN is doing its job properly, why is it not available? Can the Walsall site really tell the difference between a VPN in say, Germany, and being in Germany?

Game not available on any platform for any country
Just looked carabao and fa cup the same

Sorry I misread Andy’s message. I thought he was saying that the Stockport game was not on. Blackburn, as you say, is not. It is very unfortunate that League and FA Cup matches cannot be accessed. They are being recorded after all.

Discussed this with @Belphegor yesterday - we both had issues late last season with not being able to log in to iFollow in order to access the stream when using a VPN (although it had allowed purchase over the same VPN only a day earlier). Was OK when no VPN - but obviously no video access available.

There were others who also said they had the same issue, although a few claimed theirs worked OK - and Belph did eventually manage to get in.

No explanation messages saying why it wouldn’t allow you in, but when I tried creating a new account with an overseas address (to see if it was my account being tagged as a UK one) it said that was not allowed over a VPN - so it seems that they can indeed detect that you are using one.

But does that mean that anyone who is actually abroad but using a VPN (there are lots of other reasons why you might want to) would be stopped too?

It’s only Saturday 3pm league games (plus both cups by the look of it) that you can’t stream in the UK, midweek ones are OK - so Wrexham is available to anyone wherever they are.

Can you pay on the day for this?

I think the various platforms and the VPN providers are playing cat and mouse. One learns a trick to recognise a vpn ,then the vpn company update their technology. I remember one season ,I could access ifollow, but it threw me out every 10-15 minutes , and I had to keep logging back in. So it seemed to be taking time but did recognise a vpn.

Interestingly ,Hills’ site always seems to know it’s a vpn , even if set to UK.

I find some countries seem to work better than others. I had the same problem with being thrown out every 15 minutes too.