Latest pomcast

I imagine LP will be absolutely livid with the flares yesterday and desperately dissapointing at least one came from our end.

We lost yesterday because of the fans
Itā€™s not the players management or boards fault for any issues at the club
Fans innit

1 Like

I agree. So unfashionable, should have been left in the 1970s. Iā€™m in favour of a roomy trouser, as I suspect many of a certain age are, but the width should narrow as it reaches the ankle. Come on Saddlers, we can do better.

6 Likes

I remember @Cully posting a photograph of himself from the 70ā€™s, wearing a fine pair of flares and sporting an appropriate hair cut for the time. Much nicer than those smokey things.

Comes to something when thereā€™s more flair off the pitch than on it :smiley:

The same expensive decisions were being made prior to Pomletts reign too, all presided over by the same board. Payoffs to Oā€™Driscoll and Keates, 200k on an unknown from Cyprus.

For a ā€œwell run clubā€ that claims to be financially astute we donā€™t half like to waste money we can ill afford to waste.

2 Likes

Not entirely sure if it was our fans tho, there were a few in Swindon shirts in the Homeserve stand I noticed. Not saying it wasnā€™t one of ours who threw it in the lower tier but entirely plausible it was some Swindon fans amongst the home crowd, especially when they have a noted problem with flares.

3 Likes

The first flare went off in the left lower.
Several others were thrown from all sides of the Swindon fans. Then another was lobbed from the right lower.

I didnā€™t notice any in the upper, were there Swindon fans in the lower?? Youā€™d have expected them to at least have kept their Swindon shirts covered up.

Swindon fans infiltrating the home end will have swelled the audience :smiley:

Imagine that being tolerated in the street end :joy:

1 Like

lol no chance mate

I have a decent day so far thanks . Glad you descended the mountainšŸ˜€ I just think it is not worth having a go at LP for stating the obvious that abuse and pitch invasions are not good things and could impact on the Club both reputationally and financially.
I agree that his decisions on Managers /coaches so far do deserve criticism and hope that in Flynn he has made up for his previous selections.

2 Likes

Very positive.

No doubt about that but even allowing for a few rogues as many as 5,500 in the home audience bodes very well given there was nothing in it for us, also credit for the link up offer which seems to have had a really good uptake.

Or, it was the last game of the season, and that always attracts a bigger crowd :roll_eyes:

Pomlett seemed to suggest that the 7 losses in a row was the issue why we didnā€™t finish near the playoffs. After the 3-3 Newport game we were averaging around 1.32 points per game which would have seen us on around 60 points if that continued till end of season. whilst this may not have been a disastrous season, to think we would have been anywhere near a play off push is certainly not the case had that 7 losing streak not happened unless he thought some miraculous turn of form was around the corner. Around 2ppg would have been needed from the Newport game to get into the playoffs

4 Likes

What Pombear fails to realise is if Taylor had have won on that fateful night in Scunthorpe heā€™d have let him keep his job until Taylor lost another 7 which would have been highly likely at the time.Imagine where weā€™d have been if Taylor lost 6 then won at Scunthorpe(thus keeping his job) then went 7 games without a single point again then ultimately got sacked Iā€™d say in a real mess.

2 Likes

Flynn would certainly not have been available. We lucked out with timing there.

Coming soon on Walsall Fan TVā€¦ Simon is going to fire questions on behalf of the fans to Pommo soon. Details on how to send your questions in are on the Released / Retained video.

walsall fan tv - YouTube

4 Likes