League 2 Relegation

Barring a miracle Scunny are down and the second relegation spot seems to be between Oldham and Stevenage.
Stevenage are currently 3 points ahead but the teams play each other soon- a genuine six pointer.
However, Oldham have a stinker of a run in during April- they have to play FGR, Tranmere, Northampton, Vale and Salford. Stevenage on the other hand have a much easier list, including Scunny.
I’d much rather see Stevenage get relegated but it’s looking very bleak for Oldham now.

2 Likes

Good to see that Oldham beat Orient last night. They’re now ahead of Stevenage on goal difference but have played one more.
Absolutely mossive game on Saturday when the 2 teams meet at Stevenage.

Would say Barrow still in the mix too

Unlike many others on here I’d like Oldham to go. Too many bad memories of their ground.

1 Like

I wouldn’t rule Barrow out. They’re run in is worse than Oldham’s, and they’ve just appointed Phil Brown :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I know the person who just bought a 40% share in Barrow, making him the majority shareholder.
As well as being a whip smart businessman, he’s also a very nice man.
I hope they stay up.

1 Like

Ask him to build a decent away stand

1 Like

It’s bad for Oldham but I hope they stay up. I know a couple of Oldham fans and they are resigned to eventually being relegated unless something drastic happens.

It will make some headlines too because they were founder members of the Premier League.

Barrow have appointed former Hull City boss Phil Brown as manager on a deal until the end of the season to succeed Mark Cooper, who [departed on Sunday.].The 62-year-old, who is reunited with Neil McDonald as his assistant, joins a Bluebirds side 21st in League Two, six points above the relegation zone.

Does this save us having to pay McDonald compensation?

Andy_Petterson

Ask him to build a decent away stand.

I would imagine he has other priorities at the moment.

Josh Gordon will be at his level if they go down.

I would like to Stevenage drop personally if not them then Barrow.

Same. Theyve stunk up the leagues for long enough.

Walsall 4 Barrow 0 was one of, if not the first, league game I saw at Fellows Park. Can’t remember much about it except the joy of being there. Barrow were in Division 3 for a few seasons in the late 1960’s before dropping into Division 4 and then being voted out of the league in 1972 when they finished 22nd out of 24 teams. They still play at Holker Street, which by accounts hasn’t had much development. However, in mho they are a “proper” football league team and I was pleased they made it back.

3 Likes