League 2 to merge with National League?

Now, where have I seen that before

2 Likes

Agree with all of that. LP is hoping that after this the game may see sense. I hope he is right but I have me doubts as I think the “greed” league will still not be interested in the rest of us.

1 Like

100% correct , if every Premier League club had to set aside £1millon per season and it was distributed and used for the benefit of the lower leagues the benefits would be enormous .

This is one of the many, many things that angers me about the state of the game now. They’ll spend ages trying to mess around with the lower two leagues - adding Premier League B-teams into their cup competition under the guise of ‘improving the national team’, trying to back-door B-teams into the actual football league, now looking at new ways of altering the league structure to ‘make it better for the fans’ (hah!) - but they dare not do anything to rock the boat of the super elite handful, for whom this entire sport seems to exist now, in a division that is the root of the problem.

Financially the game is broken, and no amount of fiddling with or merging of lower leagues is going to stop moderate Championship clubs from breaking themselves, as @P.T says, to try and reach the promised golden land of possibly scrapping a season or two as a Category C opponent at the Etihad before tumbling into the financial abyss that will inevitably follow relegation. Nor will it stop rogue owners like that weapon who killed Bury from doing it again.

Merging and splitting into regions screams “the Premier League is the real product, the Championship exists to feed it and then just bundle all the rest down there somewhere”, in my view. What exactly was wrong with Division One/Two/Three/Four in the first place?

Not been on here for a while, straight back in with a rant :laughing:

7 Likes

Pushing League 2 into the National league is a way of getting it out of the EFL so the EFL has less teams to throw its own paltry TV money at. Resist.

1 Like

If this happens, whilst I will always love Walsall FC, I will give up on football.

The sooner the Premier League bubble either bursts or the big six go and join the euro super league the better.

4 Likes