League Two next season

I hope they mess it up again and waste a load money doing so

1 Like

As it stands Sutton United will be in League Two next season. 1-0 up at the moment into the second half.

With the goal difference a point is probably enough

2-0 now! They’re coming up!

Sutton look a decent side. Worthy champions by the look of it. Any of the sides in the NL playoffs that comes up will be at least on par with us that’s for sure.

I’m concerned about next season if I’m honest unless we invest in some quality up front. Which I’ve got zero confidence in.

I’m buckling myself In for a roaring15th place finish…

3 Likes

Now 3-0

I’ve got a tattoo of my close personal friend JB (or Jeffy as I call him when we go over to his mansion) right next to my heart. Oh,by the way,Jeffy says thanks to all the Saddlers fans for his extension and upgrading his swimming pool :+1::wink:

3 Likes

Aren’t we always.

2 Likes

I don’t worry about other teams. It is what we do that counts. I doubt LP would have invested in a DoF and 2 coaches as well as Matt Sadler if he wasn’t thinking of enhancing the playing budget. If he does that and the team has fight and a determination to win we will do well. We know this League is poor and the key is signing players not just with ability but with the right type of character who will thrive in the battles ahead.

1 Like

Michael Duff on Sky after the Morecambe Play Off game.

“This league is all about organisation and being hard to beat. It’s why Cambridge, ourselves, and Morecambe, bottom 5 budgets, are all in such strong positions. The disparity between top and bottom in this league is not the same as in Premier League. Players need to have clear defined roles and stick to their jobs”.

Very impressed with this guy.

As a Walsall fan its hard to see so many former non league teams with a quarter of our fan base completely out stripping us at the moment! It’s not all about budget and being outspent as others have said before.

7 Likes

Didn’t I hear somewhere that they will be deducted points next season or could be?

Yeah heard the same the owner Lee Power and some ex walsall player have broken some investment regulations or something along them lines anyway.

My head is telling me it is Michael Standing. Maybe I’ve read that somewhere and my brain has retained it as useless information.

It is mate.

1 Like

That’s the one mate he’s also/was Gareth Barry’s agent.

1 Like

I think Sutton will be strong. They will have momentum and probably a bit of cash left over still from their cup runs a few years back.

See how well Lincoln are doing.

2 Likes

They might have to spend that on a new pitch…

Anyone know latest odds for promotion next season

There’s this, but incomplete for obvious reasons.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/winner

I have just been watching another Sky interview, this time with the Forest Green chairman. He’s been looking at sustainable fashion for football shirts, first bamboo and then another material, which has proved more successful. Also, he has busy been trialling an online marketplace where you can virtually try clothes prior to physically buying them. Only then would they by manufactured.

I don’t necessarily like what he has done at Forest Green, but as a businessman and a visionary, it’s like light and shade between his set-up and the crocks in our boardroom, with their 90s suits and without a creative brain cell between any of them. I did have a chuckle to myself.

This is typical of the kind of forward-thinking, proactive visionaries we are up against in the football business world these days.

3 Likes