League Two Silly Season

Really hope Pomletts patience is rewarded , there is no way DC would still be in a job at any other club in the division.

2 Likes

After we get hammered on Saturday, what will Pomlett do?
Leave Clarke in charge until January to fritter away any funds on more 4/5th choice dross? Or bite the bullet and get someone in who could save us from a second relegation?
Like you say, no other club would have allowed this crud to have gone on for so long.

It’s a classic Catch 22,we’re damned if we do,and damned if we don’t get rid of DC.

Hopefully discounting Pope scoring as normal. we can get away with a draw and try and move on in a bit more settled way and pick up enough points in the next month or so to put a bit of breathing space between us and the bottom 2 .
Really wouldn’t fancy our lot if it went down to the wire

Obviously this will depend on DC actually getting his best players on the pitch , he needs to find a way of getting Jules into the 11 and hopefully get Sinclair back . possibly something like
Roberts, Facey, CCM , Clarke,Jules,Sadler,
Bates, Sinclair,Holden(Kinsella)(McDonald)
Lavery, Gordon

1 Like

That should do it, so, Rose, Scarr, Norman, Liddle, Guffney and Adebayo will be the ones he choses then? Who amongst us wouldn’t bet our salary on that scenario!

I genuinely believe we have got to stick with Clarke, not because of his performance but because we cannot afford to pay him and his back room staff off.

I’ll give him his dues, he is a trier, he is honest and he is relentlessly positive. Let’s hope that inn12 months time we can look back, smile and pretend it never happened :smile:

2 Likes

As mentioned elsewhere two more L2 sackings today.

One of which, despite a good budget and previous ‘success’ hasn’t lasted a full season.

Paul Hurst: Scunthorpe United manager departs League Two club Paul Hurst: Scunthorpe United manager departs League Two club - BBC Sport

Colin Calderwood: Cambridge United part company with head coach Colin Calderwood: Cambridge United part company with head coach - BBC Sport

There you go Darrell, stick your CV in. I’m sure they’ll keep giving you money to spend on experienced pros no matter how many of them flop!

2 Likes

I believe he was one of our first choices to become our manager before Mr Clarke

Another one bites the dust…

I believe 1st choice was Hill, and Clarke was 2nd choice?

I thought it was Hill and Hurst were the first choices but I maybe wrong

1 Like

Hurst Hill then Clarke I was told.

1 Like

Crazy.

Is any League Two manager, currently in their first season, having a good one?

1 Like

Ryan Lowe I guess, but he deserves a bit of good fortune!

2 Likes

We should have took holloway

2 Likes

Fair point. He’s actually had two good first seasons on the trot hasn’t he?

1 Like

I fancied them to go straight back up this season. Proven it at this level in the past but it counts for nothing if you’re struggling in the present.
Something not right at that club with certain players leaving.

2 Likes

He has, though you could suggest he’s had money to spend at both clubs (rightly or wrongly…)

1 Like