Lee Tomlin

Nonsense statement. Guthrie came from the rather 2nd tier of Indonesian Football lol on a long contract. Tomlin is coming from a championship club on a short contract. Where’s the similarity in that

2 Likes

Wonder if this will be announced today?

I have faith that Flynn, and Fullerton, are satisfied with Tomlin’s fitness otherwise they would not be considering signing him.

I think it’s an awesome signing to be honest. Absolute quality at this level

3 Likes

Did you not read the similarities in past quality, physique and injuries? Guess not :man_shrugging:

You mean the same Fullerton who has just signed a player who didn’t make his debut for 3 weeks due to injury, and clearly isn’t fully fit??

5 Likes

Unless we have two Fullertons at the club, yes.
Again, I’m hopeful that Flynn will not be having players imposed on him.

It’s not nonsense. Similar age. Both midfielders. Both injury prone. Both a bit fat. Both played at a high level.

“Lol”

1 Like

Difference is, Guthrie seemed to think he was better than he actually was.

You only have to read articles like this to see that

Tomlin by the sounds of it seems like he genuinely wants to be enjoying his football again, even if we can get 10 games out of him by the end of the season, then he’s worth a punt.

2 Likes

Let’s hope he is a bit more fit than Rodney otherwise we might not see him til April.

1 Like

Avoiding relegation is all that matters in the short term and if this deal happens and ultimately goes some way to achieving that, then it’s completely worthwhile. We have no option than other to trust those empowered to make such a signing have properly assessed the realistic possible impact of it.

3 Likes

Well yes, but in terms of fitness, age and experience they are very similar. A bit too similar.

But we’ll worth the risk I’d say. If there was no risk hes a 15k a week player and he certainly wouldn’t be coming to Walsall

1 Like

https://twitter.com/joeedwards_star/status/1496836252825526277?s=21

1 Like

For me, the only way this will work is if Tomlin is given a pay-as-you-play contract through to the end of the season. If he proves his fitness whilst at WFC & gets a better deal elsewhere for next season, so be it.

Worth a punt to end of the season i guess. We certainly need more attacking options off the bench at least.

Guthrie vibes are strong mind.

My worry is fitness and injury, but worth taking a punt on.

Turns out he has indeed been training with us, exactly as I stated here. Nonsense statement though :joy::joy:

I know - but can we afford a “risk”. That’s where I’m torn. In our recent history you have Ward, Guthrie and Jarvis. All had fantastic careers but all failed with us.

We all know a fully fit Tomlin would be head and shoulders one of the best players in League 2. Unless he’s FULLY fit I wouldn’t take him.