LETTERS to Express and Star

I can think of one :wink:

1 Like

The club needs the Express & Star more than the paper needs the club.

Oh to return to the carefree days of Trevor Gedge, Paul Marston etc who wrote what THEY thought and not what they had to put.

2 Likes

It needs something more than just letters to the Star.

Out of interest, do the Express and Star own shares in any other Midlands clubs?

But he’s on here all the time :thinking: Oh yeah, I see what you mean. :grin:

7 Likes

I struggle to see what good writing to the local newspaper will do.

As an aside, has anyone ever had a letter published in the Excrete & Dingle?

1 Like

No, but I did win a Motorhead album off the E&S in 1977, which is nothing to do with the question, but I thought I would mention it.

2 Likes

Yes @Timbuktu_Saddler in the mid 1980’s when there were only newspapers to make your point in those pre-internet days.

We can write whatever we want to whom ever we want but until Leigh is ready nothing will change unfortunately what we think doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I’ve asked my Mom to write a stern letter to The Peoples Friend. That’ll show 'em!.

1 Like

This one?

https://images.app.goo.gl/12SECcgKjXrFoXHA8

That was the one, but ordinary black vinyl. They used to have a rock/pop page or two on a Thursday (I think) evening every week. I think the chap who did it was called John Ogden or something like that.
I’m not sure how often they gave away prizes, but that was the only time I ever entered. Had to answer three questions and post them in.
It’s a decent album, I still play it, having converted quite a bit of vinyl to iTunes a few years back. .

2 Likes

One point only. Should have at least sent them an X, see if they could make a player out of it.

Ha ha.