Liam Bennett Signs

He’s a great lad and really did try as hard as he could with us. Sadler referred to him as a throw back to older times with his attitude, his style and his commitment.

It is sad that Cambridge may be relegated but I hope he does well enough to either keep them up or secure a transfer to a club in a higher division.

I always think a player’s attitude makes all the difference. It is always said that Kevin Keegan was an ordinary player who worked so hard that he became a superstar. Looking at our current players, I see plenty with terrific attitude: Daniels, Kinsella, White, Gordon etc. but a few whose heads can drop - Williams can be a bit like that, the number of times he throws his head back when something does not quite work out. I reckon Bennett made an impression in this respect so maybe some of the younger players can learn from him.

Did you have your pen and notepad ready to list his mistakes?

Ran out of ink - good one though :clap:

Highlights

Looking at this, they need Daniels and Monthe and a new left back.
Awful defending.

1 Like

Their last was a cracker.

And announced by an excited Leigh Pomlett from his Zimmerframe as " a game changer"

Without being over critical and analytical, he should definitely have been tucked a little further round nearer the forward, he gave himself too much to do.
It’s just a positional thing , he’ll get better with experience.

I said as much on a previous thread. His best asset is having the ball at his feet with space to run at his man, something which is taken away from him when playing up top. He’s done ok there but I’d much rather have someone naturally suited to playing up top. I don’t think he’s got the guile to play in the 10 role either.

It might sound like I’m being negative but it’s quite the opposite. I think he’s been a brilliant signing who has given us a different dimension. I’d like to see his skill set utilised better but I’m not going to question the judgement of Flynn who has got far more right than wrong

2 Likes

First two goals including the penalty came from long balls through the middle that the center backs should have been able to deal with. The 3 goals in the second half all came down the opposite side to Bennett.

Shame for Bennett really. Can obviously understand why he was recalled, they only named 5 subs, but you have to think for his development he would have been better off at Walsall until the end of the season. A demoralising start to say the least.

3 Likes

Dropped to the bench for todays game

1 Like

He will be better off with us where he shone :wink:

1 Like

Came on at half time and played quite well. From what I’ve read his replacement got booked and wasn’t great.

Make Cambridge a cheeky offer of 150K + 20% sell on + Hayden White.

I’d even go as far as to throw Taylor Allen in

Add El Nombre as well and its a done deal

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be gutted if Cambridge said they’d consider an offer from us for him, but it’s now 2 games and two wins without him and we’ve looked strong with Knowles marauding down the right flank. So are we really missing him - especially with Willmott looking a decent addition to the squad from the brief glimpse we’ve had of him?

2 Likes

Missed who?

We’d miss DJ more wing backs are easy to replace

I see Cambridge are rapidly undoing all the good work our management team had done with Liam. This must be a first where a player going back to his parent club is digressing in his progress. Poor lad. Looks like there is a good chance they could be relegated this season, very poor form…(comfortably losing to the Sloppies for goodness sake)

2 Likes

Booked and hooked off , shame for the lad or is that the wrong Bennett