Live Q&A

Million dollar question.

Well I can’t imagine our media team are on very much but would you prefer sticks another 50/100k in the media team or would you prefer it gets spent on the playing side?

1 Like

50/100k :sweat_smile:

Just because they might not be ‘on that much’ we should just settle?

I mean where is the personal pride in wanting to progress professionally? Do a good job, you have leverage to ask for more, due to what you can offer. Or, like in Dale Moons case, you move on, as others see the worth in what you’re doing.

Ridiculous to say just because they don’t pay that well, we should churn out unprofessional content. An A-level student could do better.

2 Likes

But in reality what does that achieve, it’s just part of the American bastardisation of football. I only want LP to get one thing right and that’s the product on the pitch.

2 Likes

Potentially get people interested and engaged with the Club, making them want to buy season tickets or at the very least follow their social media channels.

Let’s not forget that social media is a worldwide platform and something going ‘viral’ can attract people to the club from anywhere. Just look at our own overseas supporters @Michal and Per who I believe, please correct me if I’m wrong, got invested in the Club via Championship Manager a number of years ago. Just because you don’t like it, doesn’t mean that somebody else somewhere in the world won’t.

I’m not going to hammer the media guys, I work in that industry and understand the difficulties that they are probably up against. However, it’s the closed shop attitude from the people above them that irritates the most. Whilst WalsallFanTV might not be everyone’s cup of tea, you could see the contempt LP had for someone suggesting to provide a bit of outside support.

6 Likes

Also, that’s going well isn’t it? :joy:

5 Likes

If I thought it would be spent on the playing side this 50/100K you’ve mentioned by the way not me then I’d say the playing side but surely you’ve followed this club long enough and had that many de briefs that you know we penny pinch and having Flynn won’t change that,the only difference this time round is HE may be able to select better players on that budget that’s all the difference will be.If Pomlett does to Flynn what he did to Clarke as regards selling players and asking him to use a begging bowl he’ll be off and that’s the last straw for me.You feel free to be saying the same things in a decades time because I certainly won’t be that’s a fact.

This is it. Suspect this was just a mistake, but unfortunately it’s gained some traction.

Simple response is to tweet out something like: ‘Whoops! Some gremlins in the machine there, but please accept that as a teaser for some great live content with the Chairman and Manager arriving later this week!’ #varioushastags’

10 Likes

You mean that they would have to own up to cocking up? and show a bit of humility :astonished:

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Back off.

6 Likes

Spot on

I think it’s fair to say that’s why a lot of players from that period are remembered so fondly

A lot of twisted knickers.
Storm in a tea cup, over something that hasn’t happened and nobody was expecting.
Couldn’t give a flying f**k.
Just let it go it’s tedious.

1 Like

But it did happen, for a whole minute :smile:

1 Like

It’s not just one thing wrong - an announcement that got closed down - but an accumulation of wrong things. An acknowledgment that someone or something had cocked up would also have helped, but we never see that. Hence the club are getting grief.

If it was just that it’d probably get laughed off. It’s not, and that’s the problem. That and the absolute lack of accountability.

5 Likes

Actually shows we are ever bit as professional as media outlets like the BBC. They let people train/test on live systems as well. If they are following their example I’m looking forward to the forthcoming release entitled ‘Shrewsbury are shit’.

8 Likes

Yeah but we cleaned up some pigeon shit once.

Now people want some kind of media competence?

Can’t have both fellas. :no_good_man:

3 Likes

You make a good point about standards. Take a look at the BBC news website and it is absolutely littered with errors in spelling and grammar. I think that’s just a sign of the times we live in. I have to say though, competence in digital media is something i would expect of our media team because that’s something they have grown up with.

Edit: not that I’m getting carried away by this incident. It really is a storm in a teacup. But, as others have alluded to, there have been a series of errors which really let them down.

1 Like

I think that’s a good summary. I just think little errors like this are funny - but just symptomatic of the clubs awful media and content.

It really is B-tech project level stuff - In fact, that’s a disservice. I honestly think some creative kids would do a better job than the stuff we put out.

It’s the digital age now, and social media content is a driving force behind all business. If the club wants to remain relevant to young fans especially, it has to do better.

There’s just very very little in terms of innovation or engaging content. I wonder if the fan experience company have looked at this, because it’s a huge red flag for me - and something that needs sorting.

Sure, if we are winning, folk are right in saying this wouldn’t matter as much… but, I think all these sorts of things go hand in hand. I think a progressive and positive football club that is filled with momentum has good standards across the entire club.

2 Likes

Exactly. It means those in charge accept this, because the content is not improved. Any decent media content from the club since the dawn of digital has been driven by the role incumbents, not from a strategy from above. Wouldn’t trust Mole to make a mixtape; he clearly can’t manage, appoint, or give his reports any sort of direction. Which is funny, given how he started out.

1 Like