Live Q&A

That’s a considerable concern then.

9 Likes

Funnily enough Wolves did a Q&A (albeit with vetted questions) with it’s directors yesterday. So in the last week that’s Wolves and Harlequins I personally have seen have some communication from it’s directors to it’s fans. There’s also an Exeter City (who have ACTUAL fan representation on the board by the way) fan pod that’s had officials of the club, players and even the manager on, on multiple occasions, this season. And these are just pieces of media I happen to have chanced across, rather than actively searched for.

I’m starting to think this “that’s more than you get at other clubs/You wouldn’t get this at the big clubs/were as good as anyone else” might not quite ring true…

2 Likes

Maybe so. Is Pomlett about my age? I think he probably is. We didn’t grow up with social media. I see some contemporaries who have moved with the times and embraced it (or at least understood its uses) and others who have steadfastly refused to do so. You would have thought that, with a high level career in business behind him, he would have had to adapt, but you never know.

1 Like

Completely irrelevant. It’s about conducting business in 2022, not thinking “ohh I don’t really like that Twitter thing”.

2 Likes

The bloke reeks of a disgusting ‘that’ll do’ and ‘that’s good enough’ attitude.
He absolutely stinks of it.

In a petulant adolescent ‘have you tidied your bedroom’ kind of way. ‘I’VE DONE IT’ :roll_eyes:

He couldn’t give a shit and it shows.

6 Likes

I’ve not seen that and that is purely subjective anyway. I have no knowledge, as I say, of what his remit is, what his objectives are and what Pomlett requires of him. Or, indeed, of any internal discussions or action that may have been taken in respect of him and his role. So I can look in from the outside and say that, when regular little errors keep being made in certain areas, something isn’t right, but I can’t say where the blame lies. In the end, it only lies with one person I suppose, and that is Pomlett. He sets the tone, he sets the objectives for his staff, and he is responsible for ensuring that they meet expectations (and, if not, for taking necessary action to ensure either that they do, or that they are managed out of the business).

1 Like

Fair enough if you’re retired, or your line of work doesn’t require it. The fact is, Pombears line of work does require it, and for him to refuse to acknowledge this and attempt to embrace it screams of pig-headedness on his part and impacts negatively on us as a club trying to keep and attract new fans.

It just screams, we think we are right, and we will not change. This is evident from the boardroom down.

5 Likes

Absolutely, you’ll not find me disagreeing on that first part. If it is the case that he’s not placing importance on it, that’s wrong in this day and age. I can only base my opinion on Pomlett’s throwaway comments about social media, and I suspect that is all they were but he ought to realise the implications of his words.

2 Likes

Thing is, LP shouldn’t have to adapt, just accept and delegate. He might be a huge fan of silver service, but I doubt he’d take that enthusiasm down to the Bonser Suite and start laying tables himself. He has people in place to do those jobs and it should only become his problem when they aren’t up to task.

7 Likes

Have you always worked for bosses who show such enlightened attitudes? I know I haven’t! I’ve had some, but equally I’ve had others who like to be in charge of everything and want it done their way! I’ve no idea where Pomlett is on that spectrum.

A genuine question on this because I am a bit of a dinosaur and don’t use Tick Tock or the like, generally social media is a pretty cruel unforgiving place and without having a good product on the pitch I think utilisation of these channels just opens them up to abuse.

If the club resurrected tick tock content what would be the potential upside? Can we genuinely grow our fanbase? Football is not like other products, you already probably support a team without seeing social media content, perhaps if what we put on is innovative we may develop a few more followers but can that generally lead to more supporters and/or more revenue? Which clubs in our division are better than us at this and what benefit do they get? Whilst posting the content may be free it will need some time to produce the content so there will always be a cost involved to this kind of thing. This is not that I disagree with you, maybe it’s an avenue the club should explore I just don’t see how much benefit there is for a football club with already a fairly limited captive audience.

2 Likes

He said on social media.

1 Like

It is, for whatever reason it brings out the very worst in people. Some of the comments on here towards LP given he’s one of us a Walsall Fan are often pretty nasty and I’d question if those who say what they do would do so in front of his face if they weren’t hidden behind a keyboard.

2 Likes

Not often there’s a chance…

3 Likes

Missed the point. You’re whinging about social media and using it right now.

As for “pretty nasty” I haven’t seen it beyond calling the club out for the obvious, galling errors he has made running the place for the last three years.

I have just stumbled on all of this. YouTube often bring things up on my screen from. months ago. This morning they were promoting a Q and A with the Chairman and I thought I will have a look at that. Then I noticed the thing was 9 months old !! Is this what you are all debating ?

1 Like

I saw someone say the one they were talking about has been deleted now, so I’m guessing not.
it seems the club were testing for a future one (good on them!) but forgot to make it private (doh!!)

Thanks for that but the one I saw this morning has now disappeared!!! Is this a dog hanging with no dog I wonder?

No

Kinell :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes