Looks like Jimmy aint a Clarke fan

I didn’t quote you though? I answered your question.

I wonder why Jim chose to post on WFHYS and not on here ?
Perhaps even he in his drunken state could tell the difference between sites that want to discuss all things Walsall FC and those that don’t !

He only took over a few weeks back in fairness.

The national league is really brutal for teams that drop down from the league and don’t go back up within two seasons. Not advisable for Walsall to end up there.

If you can find a Wrexham fan that’s got a good word to say about Dean Keates as a manager then you’re probably talking to a Chester fan on a wind up.

2 Likes

What the heck ?. Clueless to say the least.

Keates was not up to it. His in-game management was dreadful. There are many aspects to being a good football manager, being able to: spot good players and sign them, mould the players you’ve got into an effective formation, be good tactically so that you play to your strengths while negating the opposition’s, be a good man-manager and change the game by making thoughtful substitutions. I’m not sure how many of the above Keates could do but I can’t remember him ever changing a game by making good subs. (Actually, I’m not quite sure how many of the above requirements that Darrell Clarke meets!)

4 Likes

Agreed. I was one of them who turned on him quite quickly and looking back it was very unfair at times, but at the same time he added some ■■■■ players on (allegedly) ridiculous wages which meant that Keates was stuck with that awful side for our relegation season. So in a way Whitney also played a part in taking us down. He should have gone after the Newport game really.

3 Likes

What’s this ■■■■ head taking about :joy::joy: his mate got us relegated, and was rightly sacked.

1 Like

Jimmy still thinks he’s at the banter table. Great once, lost the plot since.

1 Like

Agree, he’s out of touch with the week to week running of the club.

To use to the big budgets of Sunderland and Ipswich.

If we go on a massive slide, will we be in National League North or South (or switch from one to the other as in Third division north & south)?

Here’s a tip Wacka, Log out of Facebook and get your wife to change your password and only give it you back when you’ve sobered up next morning cause you’ve spouted crap there pal.
Keatsy is a legend round these parts and will always remain so and I’d gladly shake the mans hand if I seen him but sadly he weren’t cut out for management, to be a successful manager you have to be a good man manager, you have to protect your players and not criticise them to the media (something our last 3 managers have done).
The club was right to dismiss him and the fans were more than patient with him when things went pear shaped, just because players have a legendary status at a club as a player shouldn’t make them sack proof, I wish Keatsy well as I’m sure anyone else associated with our club does however it’s not looking to good at Wrexham either.

1 Like

Think I’m the only person who read this as Walker having a dig at Clarke, not necessarily backing Keates.

His point is that we gave a club legend grief for failing at a higher level and, in my opinion, less embarrassingly than Clarke, yet the fans seem more forgiving.

He’s right but I also think there are more factors than comparing their performance. One, Keates was manager during a toxic era where fans who had legitimate concerns took it out on the club as a whole. That includes the fans and players. Two, Clarke is a more experienced and more successful manager in the game.

Legend on the pitch, one of my fav players ever. He’s a bit of a ■■■■ off it though, club got rid because he just wanted to go out and get ■■■■■■ with Grof every weekend.

2 Likes

Agreed that I think it was Walker more having a dig at Clarke although it’s the bit about fans giving Keates stick that I didn’t get. Other than the odd shout of ‘sort it out Deano’ I never heard any stick at Keates.

agree, in fact I think it was the players who took the brunt of the abuse.

1 Like

Would guess at North as likes of Nuneaton and Leamington are there.

Hmm I read loads on Twitter and here. Granted I didn’t hear much in the ground though to be fair to you.

And to be fair to Walker he’s talking about what he saw online too. He wouldn’t have been in the ground to hear x y or z at that time.

At least we’ll have a few local derbies! I think if we do drop that far then we should move out of the Banks’s and save the £400k a year rent. We could look to groundshare with Hednesford or some other local club.

Yep bin saying it for a while now :wink: