Loss on Saturday plus poor transfer window. Implications

All this talk of relegation is nonsense after 4 games.Stop panicking and get behind the team is my advice.We know the Club are trying to sign some forwards and I think we will .I would also point out that due to injuries our best team has not yet played a single game so it is much too early to “throw in the towel”
Anyway there is no way I will give up watching Walsall as I think it is an issue much more important to me than who owns the club and its present players. It goes to something I hold dear which is that sense of community and of a small club fighting taking on richer and bigger clubs and managing not only to survive but thrive. As I have pointed out elsewhere that is much more difficult than it was 2 decades ago.

4 Likes

Did you tell her she was going as well :joy:

1 Like

It hasn’t got harder. Still 92 teams playing the same daft game. The way it gets financed has changed and others have adapted better than us.

But I’m with you on the rest. For better or worse I’m stuck with Walsall FC and vice versa.

2 Likes

I think this is premature.

You were pushing it telling her in a kitchen full of knifes :grin:

Actually she (jokingly) came at me with a breadknife tonight when I was winding her up and trying to get the savings account card off her because I’d already peed my pocket money up the wall, I just went “go on then” and she goes “no way, there’s only 3 left in the drawer” :rofl:

Its our wedding anniversary!

I probably should have left it nearer the time instead of spoiling the surprise.

2 Likes

What are the words to that song? Something about the red flag flying high? So bring on your…. It’s bugging me!

If we lose on Saturday fans will turn big time. Could be quite ugly.

Thankfully I predict (and desperately hope for) a good performance and three points. :+1:

2 Likes

So bring on your villa and your albion, bring on your wanderers by the score
We’re the boys in red and white and we love to sing and fight
And we won’t take your something? anymore

1 Like

It can’t get much worse can it?

I’m actually fairly positive about this side, in the sense that when it clicks, and players play whom are fit, then we are around a midtable side I’d guess.

We won’t threaten the top 7 without firepower, and at least some creativity. Maybe that will come in time… but I just don’t see it. The options on the bench are laughable.

It will be very interesting to see what MT does tomorrow with the starting 11.

2 Likes

I really want MT to do well and I want to get behind this team . But after the FGR defeat who Are a good team and I think will finish top 3 comfortably to see us outplayed and no options up top has really drained many of us of our early season optimism . Stikers needed now.

2 Likes

Got a feeling Shade might be back tommorow Holden we might as well just forget until we hear otherwise need at least 2 decent signings for me.

So bring on the brummies and the Albion, bring on the wanderers by the score. We’re the boys in red and white and we long to sing and fight and you won’t beat Walsall anymore. I always thought those was the words. It’s been that long since I’ve heard it I could be wrong

1 Like

I remember it as “We fight with all our might” and “We won’t be beaten anymore”?

Always preferred our take on “Bless ‘em all”

My fave Walsall song.

I’m glad you got the brummie bit in, I noticed last time I heard it that it had been changed to Villa. You can’t just go changing songs that have been sung 40 years I know to. Villa are included in the brummie bit.

The last bit has been either we love to sing and fight or love to drink and fight or love to drink all night. First one I heard was drink and fight so I stick with that. Always finished off with extra extended mooooore moooooore mooooooooooorrre’s at the end.

1 Like