LP Interview in E&S

I wonder if Eddie Howe would like to do a “Bournemouth” with Walsall. He is available!
Sorry, I forgot to include the rich owners who we would need to take us up three divisions in consecutive seasons.

You don’t need mega millions to get out of league 2 let’s be honest.

Looking at top end of league 1 is pretty scary now though. This season has Ipswich, Pompey, Sunderland and Charlton all trying to get out of there. Guess Lincoln are showing the way as to how to rise from the depths and they could well make the championship like Wycombe and Burton did but you’ll always get one outlier team in a season who comes from nowhere to challenge.

Could have Derby and Sheff Weds dropping in for a visit next year aswell.

Getting back up to league 1 has to be obvious short term goal but challenging to get into top 6 once back in there becomes more difficult the longer you’re away and despite how willing LP is I think he’s accepted that in some of the interviews given last year.

Darryl Eales is an example of local chairman investing a fair bit with a bit of help from a friend. Was on the board at Oxford when they were on the rise 5-10 years ago and took over Solihull a few years back and they’re investing in the ground and playing squad every year. Would be surprised if they don’t make the league within next 3 years.

1 Like

I agree. He will be sensible with our club as he sees it as a fan. We’ll never be multi, multi million pound club and I, like you, feel very comfortable with that. Our voices will be heard all of time under LP, that’s refreshing in this footballing world.

3 Likes

Good financial management with appropriate sound investment in different aspects of the football club on the whole would see us okay, in normal times, no need for Salford type owners although that would be useful as the club with a real long term strategy could grow sustainably. the consistent requirement that the club has to keep paying for the use of its own ground that it has already paid for over the last 25 plus years is the big financial drain.

ITV digital and COVID have been major shocks to the club, but its the Suffolk life that drains us.

3 Likes

On that, it was confirmed at the WPM that Suffolk Life (now known as Curtis Banks) have helped the club through this pandemic. Obviously no further detail given but that’s a positive in my book

1 Like

I would hope so to be honest Rob, the club going bump doesn’t help them either. The rent payments stop and its not the climate for new business’s to take over the site.

2 Likes