Macclesfield Saturday who’s goin?

Me + 2. My last visit there we won 7-0.

Only under government instruction, I’m sure. The clubs will bleed out otherwise…

Looks imminent in all fairness , don’t think I’ll purchase in advance :joy:

I will go but like many others I suspect now ,I will not get tickets and pay on the gate if it’s on . Looking increasingly likely it will be cancelled.

Me on train from Stoke

Me, the missus and two kids are driving up for game.

Me and my youngest, if it’s on. I hope it is for Macclesfield’s sake, could be game over for them, and put many other clubs in very tight spots.

Including us! Swindon and Colchester were potentially big pay days

I got confirmation from club that it is pay on the day at no increased charge. A Macc fan has advised it is one of those where you need to go to a cabin to get tickets and to get them pre pub if you’re a last minute type as the cabin can become a bit of a bottle neck close to kick off.

1 Like

Not so much the last minute type these days, cos I have my lad with me, he’s all obsessed with seeing kick offs, I dunno where I went wrong. Not sure why he is so keen on seeing the kick off, as he doesn’t watch much of what goes after it, but anyway, doing my best to keep him interested.

I agree about Walsall being among the teams that could be hit hard by the imminent behind closed doors games. I doubt they have any contingency plan in place for such things. I noticed they were bumping up the 2 for a fiver offer on the official site about 30 mins ago, telling people to get down the ground and get tickets.

When Bury came to an end, I saw a lot of things written about why Man United and Man City should help them out. This can’t be right, they should be there bail out for bad management. In this scenario though, I think it is about time the Premier League did something decent for once, and offer support to local clubs. They take so much out of the games, and the money required would be nothing to them. It wont happen though, the greed is at severe levels now.

5 Likes

Yeah looks like with this latest Corba meeting that games behind closed doors in all league will commence with immediate effect.

Not going to Macc but was going up to Mansfield next week and in normal circumstances would’ve got a ticket on Friday but the writing is on the wall there.

Football will get back to normal eventually but this will take a while.

Couple of things. Most commercial property insurance policies are brought with Business Interruption. The purpose of this is following an event like a fire, the customer might get say 2 years of their profits paid by the insurer as they get back on their feet. An extension to this bit is something called denial of access which is where a relevant authority denies customers access to your commercial premises. one of the perils for this extension is infectious disease. Usually though there is a sub limit of around £100,000 for this. So if Walsall FC has this cover the financial loss will be mitigated to some degree but for 4 home games probably wouldn’t be enough.

As others have suggested, given that obtaining such insurance is the most prudent a club could be then I believe there should be a levy of say 0.5% of tv revenue to create a pool of cash for these type of occasions. It shouldn’t be there for a reckless Bury or give clubs carte Blanche not to buy adequate protection but to create a fund where circumstances beyond everyone’s control create a temporary risk to cash flow and therefore survival.

I won’t be demanding a refund but I get why many might feel short changed. As a way of protecting our cash flow it might be that we consider triggering the first hurdle of the “strength in numbers” scheme (ie a £50 refund) whether we get to 3,000 or not. It might result in a hit but this proactive amendment could see us shifting over 3,000 and therefore into an area which had presumably had the refund costed.

Just as a comment on the business interruption side, my policy and many others that I have spoken to are not covering coronavirus due to varying factors in their terms and conditions meaning they can exclude it. This is all basically to do with the fact that a few years ago most insurance policies started to list infectious disease by specific name and therefore as this is a new strain it isn’t listed and they won’t pay out. The best I have heard so far is one company who is willing to review claims on a case by case basis.

1 Like

Not sure whether to go yet as I may go to Mansfield and can’t really afford to do both :thinking:

Not being able to go to either (if they still get played) is looking the most realistic prospect I’m afraid.

Hopefully I’m wrong though.

We were getting tickets today but decided to see how it pans out.

1 Like

Great that it looks as though we will all be able to make the shortish journey to Macclesfield to show the team our support for there efforts in recent times . Whilst I totally respect and understand the elderly and those with health problems not attending this game. Let’s get 3 points for those not able to attend. UTS.

Just heard its off according to talkradio

The whole Football League is suspended till 4th April at least.

Yep all football league matches cancelled until April premier league are thought to be following suit in the next hour or so

1 Like