Manny Monthé: Club Statement

How can 7 weeks be to severe? If anyone else does that and proven at work they’d be instantly sacked with no pay. His getting off incredibly lightly

7 Likes

Whilst some of your posts were questioning the length of punishment you can clearly see I was responding to the post where you were saying there may have been a reason Monthe responded with the comment as if there was some excuse.

Ok I misunderstood your point.

If the employee hadnt informed their new employer then I agree. question is did the club know about this prior to signing, if yes then they can hardly sack him, it was their risk knowing this could happen.

As all sports people do in cases such as this when any sort of discrimination.

That’s because his not defending it.

2 Likes

Except he is

1 Like

Ere we gew again

7 Likes

Yes. He hasn’t helped himself with that comment. :joy:

The original comment about relative severity or punishments was valid though.

The funniest (most depressing) thing about this joke is nothing demonstrates exactly why we have the knee quite like this bullshit.

4 Likes

Interesting insight at 1:31:55 from Ben Turner around his FA hearing to do with accusations of racism, which I imagine is similar to how the Monthe decision was made.

Essentially, Turner was accused of racially abusing Nico Yennaris of Brentford during a melee on the pitch. He turned up to the hearing with seven witnesses who’s statements were all “water tight” according to lawyer he appointed. The lawyer told him that even though it’s one of the best defense cases put forward for this type of case, there would be a 99% chance he’d be found guilty due to it not being a court of law. It’s based on the probability of it happening, rather than having to prove what was said.

Yennaris had one witness come forward who’s story differed from his own, yet Turner was still found guilty.

I’m not saying Turner, or Monthe for that matter has or hasn’t said anything wrong, it’s just interesting to hear about how the process of these things are decided. He’ll certainly be a big loss for us over the next seven games. A real chance for Taylor to step in to the side a make a real claim for a starting spot.

1 Like

Meh, not really but ok. Hard to not see that as a thinly veiled turn of the tables to be honest but who is to say.

I see where you are coming from, and am not belittling it, but if you had a choice between being called a name and being crippled what would you choose?

Surely we have the right to terminate his contract? who in their right mind would want to employ him now?

Neither. Some people I know have had both because they are gay at the same time.

One might be a by product of a seconds late challenge. The other is about 50 f***ing years late and completely choice.

3 Likes

Think there’s multiple arguments here… The impact of the sentence on the player, and there’s the impact on the club he now plays for.

Both new the situation when they agreed terms at the start of the season so both knew this was a possibility.

1 Like

Your are probably right there but what I was trying to establish some context. I played football as a young man, not very well, and heard lots of things said on a pitch in the heat of the moment. I understand that if said today they could lead to suspensions etc .Someone above says it was likely premeditated. If that was the case then to me that is more serious but we just do’t know that and are unlikely to ever find out.

I’d bet the club didn’t know about this when they signed him.

Yes, and as can be seen in my original comment, where I quote him, that was what I was referring to.

And in a later comment I clarified it wasn’t in response to his severity posts.

They would have adapted. When rules or laws change most people alter their behaviour. People now wear seat belts, they don’t smoke in pubs, and they don’t call the police if two men are sharing a hotel room. Life moves on and mostly we try not to be left behind.

10 Likes