Mansfield Away - Saturday 15th October

I feel your pain. It’s hard mate waiting until 11, especially away matches.

4 Likes

I might bump into you again one week mate it’s been a while.

You can Gamble will be snooping and instigating the same at the Bezzla

We save on our floodlight use by getting knocked out all the cups early.

7 Likes

Bonspomycott will soon cotton on to this.

Expected this to happen, let’s hope it doesn’t become a permanent thing.

A big part of going away for me is being in a different place for a few hours, different pubs you’ve never been in or even a few favourites over the years that you only get to go in once a year.

6 Likes

There’s a rail strike that day (if you were planning to go by train)… :thinking:

Very little chance of that - the trains probably won’t be available on strike day… :thinking:

We’re away at Carlisle in mid November.
Isn’t that a 3 and a half hour drive depending on traffic?

1 Like

Reminds me of the 3-day week under Ted Heath, when the games were switched to Sundays and kicked off early to avoid the use of floodlights.

2 Likes

Easy mate at least depending on traffic

Strikes are on Sat 1st and 8th of next month.

Mansfield is just up the A38 for those Midlands based so it’s not too bad.

Was looking more to go to Sutton the next Saturday but will knock that on the head if they move that forward to 1pm aswell as don’t want to be breaking neck to be in London by 11am on a Saturday tbh.

Where did you see that? I saw the 1st and 5th. Hope it’s not the 8th FFS

Cheers for that.

Looks like I have dropped a clanger there, was planning on going by train.

And me. Cant find anything other than what I posted above.

Confirmed strike dates are:

ASLEF on 1st and 5th October
RMT on 8th October

1 Like

Was Stockport I was going to on the train. Had put all my eggs in that basket and turned down other ways. Should have done my homework!

Barstads :rage::rage::rage:
Just seen that they’ve now announced the 8th

RMT are also striking on Sat 1st too, although as the train drivers in ASLEF had already announced they are striking that day, it’s unlikely many trains, if any at all, will be run by those train companies whose drivers will be striking.

Thanks …I had picked that up. My daughter and family live in Cheshire and we were planning to go there by car and then train from Sandbach. Now it looks like car all the way either up the M6 to Stockport or a visit to Sandbach on the way!! Actually despite all this I am looking forward to it.I haven’t been to an away game in ages and used to love them when I was younger.