UpTheSaddlers Forum

Martin may be on his way?

exactly what i thought :neutral_face: shocking

it will be interesting see if he’s involved tommorrow

It’s shambles like this that usually see a team relegated.

Harp on all you like about clearing out under-performers, something is fundamentally wrong behind the scenes, and given Keates pursued Martin for about 2-3 months before signing him, then who’s to say any panic signing replacements will be any better?

He is player - coach, so he can’t be out. There’s a contract till end of season.

He’s gone

To the LA Dodgers

That’s a different Russell Martin, as you well know!!! :wink:

If it keeps the oposition in the dark about our line up then I support the no comment on this. Tell 'em nothing!

When’s Jimmy coming back?

Told ya.

Confirmed: https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2019/january/russell-martin-departs

“The decision to leave Walsall is purely for family reasons,” said Martin. “I haven’t been seeing my kids enough since the move and they are struggling with that. I need to be with my family more.

lol. is that why dont think so :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The travelling and missing his family maybe explains the lethargic nature of his performances. Poor situation for him and the club though.

Its ■■■■■■■■. He was in Glasgow last season.

Mate you’ve private messaged me twice this week. Once to say Fitzwater is coming back, once to say he isn’t.

It’s kind of easy when you back both options :wink:

And by all accounts wasn’t up to much then. I’m sorry, I don’t think it is bull overall. It may not be the direct reason but a footballer’s mental state is as important as his physical state and being away from home and family takes its toll. Ask mourinho!

Martin confirmed as gone.

Don’t care why he’s gone, just glad he has.

Didn’t realise he was born in Brighton. Last 4 pro clubs have been Wycombe, Peterborough, Norwich and Rangers so can only think his family base until recent was between Posh/Norwich and decided to move back given he’s in last year or two of his career.

Disappointing. I thought this move would be great and it’s been complete opposite. He’s made the back 4 much worse which I didn’t think would be possible with all his experience.

Did Keates spend more time chasing after Martin than Martin actually ended up staying at the club?
As “marquee” signings go, this one seems particularly incompetent.