2 Likes

Again, delighted with this.

An excellent day’s work.

3 Likes

Welcome back Mat…hope you can help our young lads have a great season. UTS

1 Like

Good god, what a signing

3 Likes

Not over excited by this signing but he is a good pro and another experienced head to guide the younger lads. UTS

Can take or leave this one to be honest not sure why it’s causing so much excitement.

2 Likes

Good stuff… pleased with todays work

Good signing along with Guthrie, spine of the team is looking healthy just an experienced striker now please

4 Likes

Because he’s a proven player (at a higher level) who will slot in perfectly on the left of a 3, giving us together with Clarke a quality missing over the past 2 seasons.

2 Likes

Proven to be what? I wasn’t that amazed by him in his first run and now he older. Experience is one thing but do people really rate him that highly?

He’s the definition of middle of the road for what I have seen.

Sorry guys, but I can’t see what all the fuss is about resigning Sadler, I also didn’t think much of him 1st time round and now he’s older, in DC we trust.

Proven to be Shrewsbury’s player of the season and player’s player of the season just three seasons ago resulting in him being made captain for the season they reached the league 1 play offs having just missed out on automatic promotion, so a consistent performer and leader. Proven to be a player, that has played over 400 games at a higher level than the one that we are about to compete at. Proven to be a player that is capable of adapting his game to play in more than one defensive position/formation, something that DC wants in the squad.

Apart from that I’m struggling.

18 Likes

Just? Is that a short amount of time when you are plus 30 these days?

Look I’m really pleased you are over joyed with this one and I really don’t fancy a debate on whether the Romans existed or something so I’ll just hope he carries that form into a Walsall shirt, because he didn’t the last time I saw him in one :+1:

So you prefer to judge him on one season 7 years ago, rather than subsequent seasons when he has clearly improved and adapted (enough for what I described above, plus a move to a Championship club since he left us). That makes sense.

4 Likes

Yep. I watched that season. I didn’t watch any of the others.

Oh I get the logic now, if you didn’t watch it its irrelevant.

And to be fair, he was perfectly good enough when he was with us before, a time when we were generally at a much higher standard as a club. Not sure how anyone could complain about this one, to be honest, when people have been urging us to sign some experience. You won’t get much better than this, with a player who’s willing to come to a 4th division side. With the two rovers players, Guthrie and now Sadler, the manager has done a quite incredible job in getting an experienced backbone to the side.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much. I’ve seen loads of player with good records disappoint and poor records do well.

All I know is what I’ve seen with my own eyes :man_shrugging:

Exactly!

I do like you, @el_nombre, but sometimes it does come across as though you’re being contrarian for the sake of it.

Striker & another wide player, & I think we’re done. A good day’s business.

4 Likes