Matt Taylor: Walsall having to protect Devante Rodney

Omnishambles

1 Like

Will he still be able to go go-karting?

7 Likes

I accept he has made mistakes but I feel genuine sympathy for Matt Taylor. Imagine being in your 1st managerial job, on a 5 game losing streak, under massive pressure and you have got these clowns running the football club. Wouldn’t blame him if he just said stuff this I have had enough

7 Likes

I’d just resign if I were him… and I wouldn’t blame him.

6 Likes

And they’ve given you players like Shade, Kiernan, Ward, White, Osedebe and Labadie to sort it out. Oh and by the way your best player is crocked for the whole season.

2 Likes

Just reading Troy Deeney’s autobiography, Redemption, and I’m on the Dickie Dosh chapter - he’s recalling the likes of Butler, Mooney, Byfield, Jabo and Ricketts and the impact they had on his career etc.

And then I read this article on the E&S website. God, how depressing.

6 Likes

Just read that earlier in the week too, good read so far.

1 Like

I think Kiernan has been ok to be fair. The rest on that list 100% agree with

2 Likes

Bang average though. I wouldn’t want him if I’m trying to turn around a slide.

If your a full back your licking your lips lining up against Kiernan.

1 Like

He was not signed in time to feature in last weekend’s loss at Bristol Rovers but is eligible to face Northampton Town at the Banks’s Stadium, provided he is fit.

Makes me wonder if he really was signed too late for last Saturday or if that was just a cover story. It sounds like he wouldn’t have been fit to play anyway.

3 Likes

LP needs to call JF into his office and ask him what the hell is he playing at. If that’s the best he can do, he needs two find another line of work!
Of all the available players out there to choose from we have to pick an injured player. It’s making management level employees at the club look ridiculous.
I know LP doesn’t personally pick the players but he signs off on them. He and the board are going to get crucified at the next meeting.
Welcome to management MT, the front office (board) is making you look like a pillock.
One wonders what they’re going to do next…stay tuned!

2 Likes

He would be the 4th name on the team sheet for me after Rushworth, Kinsella & Earing. Works hard, tracks back (Take note Wilkinson) and has chipped in with a few goals. At this level can’t really expect more than that from a winger. He has had poor games don’t get me wrong but he wouldn’t be playing for us if he didn’t.

2 Likes

Unfortunately he plays in the one position, other than keeper, where that isn’t a key skill.

Strikers can create chances through hard work, midfielders can be ball winners, defenders always have to work hard, but wingers have to put pressure on the opposition offensively otherwise you’re not causing issues. Most goals come from the ball being out wide at some point, how many full backs do you think are terrified of Kiernan? You point to Conor Wilkinson, I’m not defending him either. Neither of them do that enough by any stretch of the imagination.

Kiernan sadly just isn’t good enough. Nice guy though. Being 4th on this terrible team sheet is a damning indictment to be honest.

Good old Darrell palming us off with a crocked player talk about getting your own back.

They interviewed Andy Pitkin but he had other commitments

Anyone else just reduced to laughing at this now?

Our January business looked very neutral before this news. Daniels for Taylor, Devine for Khan and Rodney for Phillips. In the round a few gives and takes it is no improvement on the squad that got us to 19th in the league. Others have strengthened so our relative (to our peers) squad means that as usual we enter the second half of the season comparatively weaker than we started it.

This news, especially if the injury is one of those that lingers (and heels can be like that) could make us demonstrably worse.

If Scunny beat Oldham tomorrow then us on Tuesday we are properly scrapping for our league lives with a squad that looks to have got worse. The silver lining is the return of Monthe who has been a bigger miss than I think most of us appreciated he might be. He’s back on Tuesday I think:

5 Likes

I might be making this up but didn’t someone say on here he was due to sign a few days earlier but failed a medical

Generous.

We needed a left back before Khan left.

1 Like

This feels very “Krystian Bielik”, who to be fair has gone on to make 60 appearances in League One and the Championship … after he signed injured for us and never played a game.

3 Likes