Meet the Chairman Evening

The turnover definitely does… but does the profit?

1 Like

Joe Longthorne doesn’t come cheap.

It’s very difficult to tell from the last accounts (year ended 31st May 2018)
Match receipts were just over £1million, whilst commercial and other football income was £4.7million.
I can’t imagine a scenario where profit on activities such as the market, advertising board and conference facilities is less than 30% of turnover.

Season tickets are in ‘other football income’, as are transfer fees. The Venue is in there, but you can’t split their costs and income out to determine profit.

I would presume as WFC The Venue was part of Walsall FC LTD this has transferred to Pomlett as well as the club and no split has occurred on the football and commercial side during the takeover.

1 Like

ok - it is essential for us fans to understand the plan for the club to purchase the current stadium.

Good post and your questions are the key ones. I won’t be there either but hope those who go will ask these key questions. Incidentally LP was signing autographs at this morning’s training session…a bit OTT for me!!!

Engaging with the supporters is that not what we all want from our new chairman?..i say fair play to him.

8 Likes

We wait decades for a Chairman who wants to interact and engage with supporters, and the moment we get one that does, he’s criticised. Couldn’t make it up. :joy:

8 Likes

I wasn’t criticising him…I was simply amazed that people wanted his autograph!!! No one welcomes the change of leadership more than me and the fact he is making himself available to meet fans. I am sorry I cannot attend the meeting tomorrow.

1 Like

Agreed. If the young fans want an autograph then he isn’t going to say no is he? Let him engage with the fans if that’s what they want, it’s what we have all wanted. The fact he is present, about to meet the media and already going to sit down at the fans focus meeting is a massive step forwards.

7 Likes

Has anyone asked him to sign a cheque?:rofl:

4 Likes

3 Likes

The last 24 hours must surely have been a bad dream.

The owner/chairman of Walsall FC is speaking to the press and will be doing so in the future.

Not only that, he is going to give more cash to the first team squad and has aldready done so.

Can’t be true . . . can it

2 Likes

I’m guessing he greenlit/funded our Polish excursion then.

1 Like

As this is a Fans Focus I think anything brought up at the last meeting that hasn’t been sorted needs to be brought up again.
Pomlett needs to know that fans are ■■■■■■ off about the toilets, catering outlets, Lower Bar etc and have been constantly told they’ll be dealt with by Mole and Gamble yet nothing gets done and it’s pushed further down the road.
There’ll be no excuse if the organ grinder is told directly!

If he ends up being anything like the Accrington chairman then I’d happily settle for that.

4 Likes

Could someone ask whats happening with the Saddlers Club please?

6 Likes

Another question from me/us (as I cannot make it)

With his Links to China the US and Switz, what is the possibility of future investment from his overseas contacts?

Yes the Saddlers Club question definitely needs asking ,