Meet The Chairman

No not just the fact that as you described our last performance was crap.
More to do with DC made statements about new signings, then said we were a million miles away. The fact that we are not now able to compete for signings with clubs who we always considered below us in the scheme of things.
That supporters are again talking about demonstrations and boycotts.
The fact that Tuesdays gate was down t 3500. And that this forum is full of discontent and apathy. But please, forget I made such a ridiculous suggestion.

2 Likes

I could have sworn he said that we’re a million miles away because of wages, but how do you not know that it’s because of players demanding too much? Why go completely out of our way to get a player that is being paid a wage where we could get other targets in? Yeah we might miss out on one or two, like March for example, but that’s football for you.

Tuesday’s gate was at 3500, they only had 100 fans. It’s a month where we’ve had three away games and three home games, which don’t come cheap and we were playing Morecambe, which doesn’t really appeal to many surely. Have you taken that into consideration?

Get through this season with a mid table finish and see what next season brings us. No need for boycotts, or emergency meetings with the owner, or sacking Clarke. Just ridiculous :rofl:

2 Likes

Nothing to be concerned about then, well that’s good I can look forward to the Crewe game on Saturday and go to bed now.

Nobodys said ‘everythings fine’, as I think you well know. Theyve said ‘dont overreact’. Do you demolish your house everytime you find damp or a wasps nest?

If you demand to speak to the chairman everytime we lose (admittedly a pretty emotional game) and you hear some second hand news you dont like, how do you think that will play out? You think he’ll meet every week? Will he have something new to say every week?

3 Likes

ye but we lost to bottom of the league Morecombe :scream::wink:

Calling for a meet the chairman meeting might be a bit strong, but I thought the point was this leadership wouldn’t be like previous seasons?

Because, unfortunately (and I said this under Bonser when people made excuses for not signing players on our level), we as a club don’t decide what “too much” is. The teams around us or that we wish to compete with do.

I never did say "everything’s fine " nor did I suggest we demand a meeting or sack DC or arrange a boycott.

Dear Mr chairman

Might it have been a good idea to offer a link up package for a January midweek game v the second worst team in the league plus the giants from Crewe? Just a thought, pass it up to Cyprus I’d say.

From a former ST holder who can’t quite buy into the club reborn