Michael Flynn Officially Appointed

I reckon more an “about time you sorted something out” rather than a well done to be honest.

Sourcing football people is kind of Fullartons job.

1 Like

The invisible one has also left, think Pomlett secretly knew that he was a completely useless extra salary that didn’t bring much to the party at all, and was part of the overall malaise in the ‘backroom’ staff that led us to total incompetence on the pitch.
Good luck Michael, as someone else mentioned above, I feel sorry for him already…But, hopefully he can get some proper training & coaching done!

1 Like

Who’s going to start the Flynn Out thread then? :joy:

Hopefully we may get to see the real Labadie now…

Worth noting that Flynn plays the 532 formation

1 Like

On paper, this is an excellent appointment - we can’t fault the club for that. Most fans on here had Flynn as our number one choice. Let’s hope he can turn things around and move us in the right direction, both on the field and in the off the field narrative which has been totally negative since the start of the year (Saturday’s win excepted). I feel slightly sorry for Neil MacDonald - he arrested the decline last Saturday but was too passive before that and didn’t seem to offer much support to Matt Taylor. Anyway, onwards and hopefully upwards!

1 Like

Good luck to him

2 Likes

Someone on facebook was just saying give macdonald a few more games first really he was part of the problem and with bradford on the hunt now as well it is a great appointment to get him and not wait

1 Like

Messiah or YET another false dawn? Only time wil tell, but I’m finding it harder and harder to get excited about anything that comes out of Bescot stadium. All we can do is hope for best and keep our expectations down until there is a genuine change in our fortunes.

1 Like

I hope these players play better under Micky Flynn: for most of this season, they’ve seemed to be playing under the influence of a Micky Finn!

Stay in the league this season and then we might actually get a cup run next season based on Flynns performance at Newport :rofl: :trophy:

2 Likes

Great appointment

It will be interesting to see if they do. If the answer is yes, then Fullerton deserves some credit rather than all the shit he has been given for bringing them in. If not, then those giving him shit can carry on :wink:

3 Likes

Good appointment all the best Flynny

1 Like

The best man available probably. Pleased with that.

Here’s hoping for some of those cup exploits that he known for!

2 Likes

Sid - most fans would think that this a serious statement of intent. I don’t think we can keep knocking the club. Let’s give Flynn a chance and then re-assess at the end of the season. We have the makings of a decent team: let’s see what decent management can do with it.

4 Likes

Great step for the club.

Its the hope that kills ya!!! Cya all Saturday

2 Likes

I am happy with that - turned Newport round from being relegation contenders to promotion candidates on a limited budget.

If he could give us some cup runs too, that would be nice!!

1 Like

Just saying but how can Fullerton convince Flynn to sign but can’t sign a fookin striker ?