Missed out on Jarvis!

:grin: :+1:…

1 Like

But you know why that is, surely? Nobody ever wants to go in goal, so you can imagine the conversation “we’ll get that bloke, what’s his name, ask him, that bloke who’s always bangin’ on about Walsall, he doesn’t mind going in goal, ask him to play. What you mean is he any good, what’s that got to do with it, just ask him will you”. :laughing: :grin: :smile:

3 Likes

You’ve seen him play then …:rofl:

2 Likes

No, but I’ve played a lot of 5-a-side and know how it works. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m nearly as old as Chunkster and I play 5-aside for my department at work with guys (and girls) a lot younger than me though. Injured my knee but wear a knee support. May not be the fastest or most skillful anymore but I love it. Some of them are surprised how old I am yet can keep up with them most of the time. No walking football for me. And definitely not a goalie!

2 Likes

Appreciate I may come across as a bit of an edgelord in saying this. If so, it’s not intentional…

Jarvis in, Ginnelly out, was by far our worst bit of business last season.

It may not have looked like it to us at first glance, but those within the game are paid to have a bit more insight than us Herberts in the stand. I ended up voting for Ginnelly as POTS in April, and it was in no way, shape, or form a protest vote.

We’d have stayed up if we’d just kept the status quo on the left flank. Ginnelly may well have walked away for nothing in the summer, but whatever we fetched in, it probably would’ve been offset (and then some) by Coventry, Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, Bolton, and Shrewsbury, this season, as opposed to four or five dozen Morecambe, Stevenage, Salford, and FGR fans rattling round in the away end.

1 Like