Mitch Candlin

May be so, but how about saying ‘great to see him banging a couple in straight away after next to no game time for ages’?

9 Likes

The kid goes out on loan and scores two in two games is it? What more do you want him to do for Christ’s sake?

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more , football is full of players who have had to take a few steps backwards before they fly. It normally comes down to how much they want it.
Not saying Mitch will go on to superstardom , hope he does, but in the meantime give the lad a chance !

3 Likes

Maybe. Or he could be another Geddes.

If he was 22-23 I would be unimpressed, but at 19, this could be a great move for his future career.

Or another Troy Deeney.

1 Like

Going to watch him on Saturday, heard he’s standing out in that division so far (which you’d hope he would). Poorly mismanaged for the past 2 seasons imo

5 Likes

is this the same level as Rushall etc?

Same league yeah.

Interestingly, Hednesford are top and Rushall are 2nd!

2 Likes

l wonder if there’s a recall clause?

There’s a possibility that for the Salford game Gordon will be our only available forward, with Gaffney unable to play against his parent club and Adebayo & Lavery potentially injured.

Understand what your saying but could do more harm than good for the young lad having started off well at Nuneaton.

Not a bad level to be scoring goals at people forget hes still only 19 if he does well there could do him the world of good.

3 Likes

It’s only a very short loan anyway.

He will in and around the squad by the end of the season I reckon. He might have stuttered a bit career wise but at 19 there’s a long way to go, Nuneaton isn’t a bad level to be unlocking goals in at.

He looks like he’s been in the Gym also

1 Like

Probably just been eating pies in Blackburn.

I’ve only seen him come on as a sub in a couple of games, but I think Candlin, or the fans perspective of him anyway, has suffered from being brought into the first team picture too soon. I think it was Bradford away in 16-17 when he and Hayles-Docherty were first in a matchday squad so he must have only been about 16 then.

If we’d brought him into the first team picture last season at 18 like a lot of youngsters coming through (like Paterson, Taundry, Bowerman etc) , and he’d gone out on loan start of this people would be thinking we’ve got a decent young player scoring goals a few leagues lower, but because he seems to have been around for years and not done much a lot will think he’s useless.

Looking back you’d maybe blame Whitney for bringing him in too soon maybe, but if he needed a substitute striker for a game and only had a youth player due to injuries/suspensions I guess he didnt have much of a choice.

Hope he carries on doing well there and comes back and gets a chance.

2 Likes

Haven’t gone today, he got injured yesterday in training I believe

I’ve heard a potential ligament injury :slightly_frowning_face:

He’s now gone back out on loan 'till the end of the season.
This time to Alvechurch.
Somehow I don’t think he’ll be offered a new deal at the end of this season.

2 Likes

I hope things work out for him, but they are fighting relegation, so not an easy time to go there.