Morecambe (H) - Sat 1st May, 3pm

Can I put this request in to Mr Bathurst…just to round the season off on an appropriate note.

1 Like

4-2 Walsall. Double hat-trick to famous goal poacher Og. Gamble to juggle burning copies of the annual report while riding a unicycle as half-time entertainment

2 Likes

Don’t you start @WiltshireSaddler has been tipping that score line for weeks on end :laughing:.Anyway back to the game I’m going to be watching this time so sorry Ladies and gentlemen get yourself ready for a poor performance and a loss :+1:t2:

1 Like

I can’t see anything other than a loss for this final home game.
Morecambe will be well up for it, everything to play for and our players don’t seem bothered.
0-2.

I’m probably being overly critical - but Dutton’s pre match interview is beyond cringe.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be a first. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seen any games? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I don’t buy a season ticket as I can’t get to every game, so I generally pay on the day if I am available and therefore haven’t had the passes, but during covid I have brought every single game because, well, we are all at home anyway.

That was until Colchester. There’s a number of reasons really:

As expensive as we are to watch at the ground its better value for money than ifollow. Poor commentary, poor production at times, a pale imitation of a football match experience. I actually prefer the cheaper radio commentary, which is what I have for the last few games because at least you can be getting on with something meaningful at the same time.

I also think the club itself gave up on the season when it didn’t bother replacing our best players and Clarke, so why should I bother for a bunch of dead rubbers?

I’ll follow the match and it’s events, but ■■■■ paying a tenner to watch it on the box. Not worth it.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

I actually think it’s quite good and honest to be honest with you. Heart on his sleeve I’ll give him that :rofl:

Lap of dishonour I would have thought.

He calls it “THE BANKSY” :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ve found Dutton that player with the Black Country accent he’s been after …

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, although I’m £400 into it due to the circumstances and “being a fan” its a truely appalling product for £10 a throw.
There’s been loads of non-league stuff done free and subscription on Youtube which is better.
The team I watch in Ireland comes in at just over £4 and is better also.
The chunks of games I’ve missed due to techical difficulties is easilly in double figures, and three times I’ve had to pay twice and then wait a week to get one of the payments back due to issues with their payment authorisation process…awful.

My brother in law taught Noddy how to play the guitar :smile: and i found out the other day, that they used to use a room above the Hazelslade pub in Cannock wood to practice, and that is where they got their name.
Bit of useless info for you there :grin:

6 Likes

Is that right? I’ve never heard that story before.

As an aside, is the Hazelslade still going (or was it, pre-pandemic), I haven’t been there in about 25 years, maybe a bit longer.

1 Like

Apparently so mate, me and my mate went to view a property on Wimblebury rd on wednesday, and the guy selling it, who is probably in his late 60’s? has spent his whole lifetime around Heath Hayes, and he told us.
As for the pub itself i think it is still open because they are offering sunday roast takeaway :grinning:

1 Like

Not sure about the Hazelslade pub but do know as I heard them… in the Old Forum in the middle of Cannock on a Wednesday afternoon. No wonder they had to pull the place down as the sound loosened many ceiling tiles .Noddy lived in Rugeley for years.

1 Like

Wasn’t he from beechdale chunk?

1 Like

Someone should pop round and put a blue plaque on the wall.

1 Like