Morecambe (H) - Sat 1st May, 3pm

To clarify with u. I don’t hate anyone. I just think he’s completely out of his depth. U need to face facts. Dutton was appointed only because he was cheap. Thats the way the business is run. Look at the sidelines. We’ve left an inexperienced coach never having kicked a league football standing on the touchline with the only other people next to him the goalkeeping coach,the physio and the 4th official. An embarrassment. Its just running everything on the absolute minimum possible. And me and my ten mates at the local. None of us are getting a season ticket. We are the next Southend in my opinion. So angry yes. Hate no

11 Likes

didn’t watch the game today but listening to dutton afterwards I can only assume we’ve won most of our games during his managerial “tenure”? “set pieces is something we’ve been the best if not one of the best in the league at all season” :joy:

1 Like

Definitely Perry , Wright is a one trick pony

4 Likes

O/T: If you get a chance take a look at the penalty Peterborough were awarded five minutes into injury time today to give them the point they needed for automatic promotion, and at the same time denying opponents, Lincoln, the chance of overhauling them.
Posh scored their equaliser with the last kick of the match with probably the most shocking penalty decision I have ever seen in watching football for 60 years.
Ferguson and his Dad will be very pleased with the Ref. The decision beggars belief.

2 Likes

That is very poor from the ref to be honest. The Posh player throws himself backwards and it somehow appears to look like a foul to the ref. I’d be raging.

3 Likes

Why would the club want to continue with the failed Clarke era?

It’s worrying that the club even thought that, I’m not sure they did however. Personally, my money is on them mistakenly thinking we were safe from relegation (we weren’t) and correctly thinking we weren’t in with a real shout of the playoffs (we weren’t), so plumped for the cheap option.

The talking-up of Dutton has been PR, they couldn’t talk him down could they?

3 Likes

It is a shocker.

Tbf Peterborough were robbed by the PPG last season.

Not saying the two are connected…

1 Like

Absolutely a PR exercise, and them backing a cheap punt just in case it came good. There was also an over confidence in the crap left after the window we would stay up easy too. Dutton has not done a great job no way but some of the crud he is working with is laughable.

Osei Yaw being a prime example. The bloke was mince.

I’m not sure they recognised it as failed. They’d shown little resistance to it up until the point he walked, so much so that they seemingly believed that he’d built the platform for a play-off push despite there being very little in our form or performances to back that up.

Agree though, if they genuinely believed we’d make the play-offs Dutton wouldn’t have been appointed in the first place.

2 Likes

As Phil said, they were only going to build up BD’s credentials. But the statement about making the playoffs was made just as much to downplay the loss of two key players and a Manager in January as it was to back Dutton.

1 Like

Be good if we could just fast forward 7 days

4 Likes

At the time I thought Pomlett was relieved to get rid of Clarke but now I wonder if he was relieved at keeping Dutton. That he had staked so much on Clarke, he just wanted Continuity Clarke ,if he couldn’t keep DC And Dutton has turned out like that in many ways. He got what he wanted. The mistake was wanting it.

1 Like

I almost believed that until I saw that we had scored 1!

3 Likes

I had the same feeling. He would be sacked after the season, but Port Vale came and solved that problem.
Tbh, I’m surprised by one thing. The same source told, that football knowledge is limited in the boardroom, but at the same time good enough to identify a new coach.

1 Like

I remember him too from my 70s youth swifty- ezra was actually another character- a black guy who used to go around preaching. I remember he came up on the top deck of a bus I was on once to do his stuff!

1 Like

Reflections on today.

• Perry was outstanding.
  • Wright was good, but he ain’t ours.
  • Gordon tried hard.
  • Max and White were OK.

The rest didn’t bother.

• Does Rose ever save anything unless it is straight at him?
  • Scarr reminded us of what we’d missed when he was injured - someone who is prone to an error and who isn’t comfortable with the ball at his feet. Time for him to be released.
  • Clarke is better on the right. Keep him and sign a left sided centre back.
  • Kinsella seemed to be given a wing half role. For me his one strength is to win the ball. Win it and give it to someone else.
  • Wes can try his step overs at another club.
  • Osadebe was poor apart from the free kick in the 1st half.

1st half we played pretty football with no penetration.
2nd half we didn’t have a clue.
Should have brought off Wes (for Nolan), Osadebe (for Willis), Kinsella (for Bates), Scarr (for Leak).
Instead he brought off Gordon and replaced him with Lavery who cannot play that role at all.

The good news is, if that was Dutton’s audition for the job, then he failed.

6 Likes

Bang on.

Scarr is great in the air though. Absolutely maestro in the air. Competent league two centre half. Don’t forget that.

1 Like

Scarr has proven that he is not even L2 quality too many times and today proves it really. Stupid mistake for the first goal and a wild out of control lunge towards the header for the second. Shame as he has invested in the pro haircut as well.
Wes booked his place on the goodbye express and not before time. Flipping burgers will probably be a challenge for him.
Lavery once again proved he isn’t a striker.
Josh has now been played in so many positions he now doesn’t know what he is but has proved he needs to go with our blessing.
Wright is probably very good at 5 a side but not capable at L2 in a struggling side.
Shining light is Perry. Superb.
What manager would make the subs he did when he could have gone at least 2 strikers in the second half to attack in a match to prove your managerial worth?
Regret BD is nothing more than a development coach in the background of a club.
Come on LP.
Give us something to look forward to.
UTS.

3 Likes

I actually thought the write up in the Express and Star was poor and misleading as it suggested we played the best “attacking football of the campaign,” now to me attacking football includes peppering the opponents goal with shots and their keeper being extremely busy or at least a couple of shots on target which let’s face it didn’t happen.

7 Likes

Agreed he pinged a cross field diagonal pass in the second half that was exceptional in both weight and vision,could be a brilliant player in years to come.

1 Like